upgrade eligibility

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by biomonk, May 3, 2020.

1. AlanS3

AlanS3 Bit poster

Hi. I have installed the trial version of Parallels Desktop 17 on my M1 MacBook Air. I'm happy that it works okay and would now like to activate it. I have found my previous v15 upgrade key, can I now purchase v17 at the upgrade price? Thanks in advance.

Adam Samec likes this.
  2. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, yes, you can purchase Parallels Desktop 17 upgrade key.

3. HenrykC

HenrykC Bit poster

Hi, I have Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac license and Parallels Desktop 14 for Mac Upgrade (permanent license). Can I buy upgrade to Parallels Desktop 17 Standard Edition One Time Purchase?

4. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, yes, you can purchase Parallels Desktop 17 permanent upgrade.

5. AndrewB43

AndrewB43 Bit poster

Hi, I have Parallels 11 and need to upgrade to the Standard version of 17. I am currently using the trial but is seems to be running as the professional version. If i buy the Standard Version Upgrade will it just disable the pro features and carry on? BTW. There is a newer licence attached to my account (14) but that is currently in use on another machine so I just need to know if my 11 will upgrade to 17 please. Thanks.

6. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, yes, you can upgrade from Parallels Desktop 14 to 17. If you purchase Parallels Desktop 17 permanent upgrade, all the pro features will be disable.

7. ben36

ben36 Bit poster

Hi, can you please confirm if I can purchase Parallels Desktop for Mac 17 (upgrade version)? How do I install and upgrade it? Thanks.

8. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, please let us know which version of Parallels Desktop you are using.

9. ben36

ben36 Bit poster

It's parallels Desktop for Mac 5. Thanks.

10. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team

Hello @ben36, Yes, you are eligible to purchase the upgrade license and during activation, if your version 5 key is not accepted, please provide your license key and we will provide you a replacement key. Thanks, Parallels Team.

11. ben36

ben36 Bit poster

Hi McallenT@Parallel, thank you very much! I have upgraded to PD 17 smoothly. Thank you! I feel the Parallels does a great job in the software! But I would like to suggest if Parallels can also improve in the website support (such as upgrade options, explanation, etc.) it would be better. Because for this upgrade eligibility has been a confusion for many old customers. If Parallels can clarify at the upfront, that will definitely
    increase more sell or speed up the sell greatly. Here is the quote for the first customer asked in 2020,May,3rd (BIOMONK) -- "
    Hello,
    What versions of Parallels Desktop are required for upgrade pricing? Your website seems willing to let me go through the entire purchase process without providing me this information. However, I'm not willing to purchase without knowing first.

Thank you.
    "
    I agree him greatly! Thanks. You have a great day! :)

12. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, we will surely share your feedback with the concerned team. We are happy to assist you. Please reach us back for any further queries.

13. Blurry1

Blurry1 Bit poster

I have Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac Standard (Permanent (not subscription), first I bought 9 and so far I purchased the upgrades 11, 13, and finally 15,
    I didn't buy 17 anyway).

So, When new version, Parallels Desktop 18 for Mac Standard is released, I will be able to buy a upgrade license (from 15) or I will have no such option and need to buy a full license ?

I am asking because I saw it saying "Customers with one of the two older versions will be charged the upgrade price, while customers with the older version will need to purchase a full license."

14. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, which version of Parallels Desktop you had?

15. ParallelsU1029

ParallelsU1029 Bit poster

I purchased the parallels desktop for mac 18 upgrade, but my old key would not work. I spoke to someone via chat who told me that I need an active license to use the upgrade key, which contradicts what this thread says. I'm so confused

16. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello, please be informed that in order to activate Parallels Desktop for Mac Upgrade license you must have a Parallels Desktop legacy permanent license to act like the previous version key while activation. If you don't have any Parallels Desktop legacy permanent license, please provide us with the payment reference number or the Parallels Desktop license key, so that we can initiate the refund for your Parallels Desktop for Mac Upgrade license, so that you can purchase Parallels Desktop full license. Thanks.

17. ParallelsU1029

ParallelsU1029 Bit poster

I have 2 keys, that i believe are permanent legacy versions, they are from 2006 and 2009.

18. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello, we have sent you a personal message. Please provide us with the Parallels Desktop for Mac license keys so that we can check this further. Thanks.

19. PattanapongP

PattanapongP Bit poster

Hi, can you please check my eligibility for upgrade to lasted version ? Thanks.

20. JohnS128

JohnS128 Bit poster

I have a similar issue. I have a mid 2010 Macbook Pro that has been upgraded to OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan. I was previously running Parallels Desktop version 7 under OS X 10.6.8. I have installed Parallels Desktop 14.1.3 and the trial run has been successful on the old Mac running the new version of OS X. How do I buy either an upgrade License or a new permanent license for Parallels Desktop 14? All links on the Parallels web page offer only purchase of version 18 licenses and I cannot run that version on this old Mac.