Allow Parallels Extension

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by appleseed, May 31, 2022.

1. appleseed

appleseed Bit poster

Hello Everyone,
    I have parallels business edition 17, I run my vm and it asks "Allow parallels extension" But when I got to security and privacy nothing there to allow it. Has anyone run into this?

2. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, can you please provide us with more information on the issue you are facing with Parallels Desktop?

appleseed likes this.
  3. appleseed

appleseed Bit poster

Sure, when I run the application and try to launch my virtual machine and I've upgraded from parallels 16 this started. I've attached a picture of the error and my settings. I'm on Big Sur at the moment, I've removed it completely with app cleaner and reinstalled it but still same issue.

Attached Files:

4. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, please refer to this KB article and change the hypervisor type from Parallels to Apple.

5. appleseed

appleseed Bit poster

Thank you! This worked!

6. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, your most welcome.

7. JacekA

JacekA Junior Member

Hi,
    I also have a problem with Allow Parallels Extension but of a different nature. I have Big Sur installed on NVMExpress.
    In my case, the procedure is looping. Every time I approve it and restart the mac, the action is repeated. I am attaching a screenshot.

For now, I want to install Parallels 17 TRIAL.

Attached Files:

8. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, please refer to this KB article and change the hypervisor type from Parallels to Apple.

9. JacekA

JacekA Junior Member

Thank you, I was able to fix the problem yesterday. I did switch my hypervisor to Apple and then is working. It is strange, that the system itself set back the hypervisor as Parallels after a reboot mac.

10. Nazeemabanu@P

Nazeemabanu@P Moderator

@JacekA You are most welcome and thank you for the update