All mouse and keyboard input stopped working

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by patc4, Apr 3, 2022.

1. patc4

patc4 Bit poster

As soon as i use the windows 11 screen, my pointer disappears and no form of input works. i am unable to click and use my keyboard. i have tried restarting my mac m1, the windows 11 program, and deleting and reinstalling the application, but the problem persists.

E__3 and GeoffreyR2 like this.
  2. ErickR2

ErickR2 Bit poster

Having the same issue. Seems to work in the boot manager, does not work in windows.

E__3 and GeoffreyR2 like this.
  3. haPPyeveRYDAY

haPPyeveRYDAY Bit poster

How can u solve the problem? I'm using Linux system and I'm facing the same problem. When I click into the windows, I cant do anything. Everything is frozen.

E__3 likes this.
  4. GeoffreyR2

GeoffreyR2 Bit poster

I am having the same issue with Windows 11 installed on MacBook Pro 13" M1 chip. I did install Steam, and have tried all the options to have the mouse and keyboard come back, but can't get it to work.

E__3 likes this.
  5. SamS4

SamS4 Hunter

Try forcing a re-install of the Parallels Tools from the "Actions" menu on the Parallels Toolbar in macOS. I'm not sure it it will work, but the control of this command is outside Windows so you can at least give it a try.

E__3 likes this.
  6. GeoffreyR2

GeoffreyR2 Bit poster

Thanks, I saw others suggest this too... No Dice, still completely lost all functionality to keyboard and mouse. If I hit the alt+ctrl I can get my mouse back. I installed a new version of Windows 11 ARM and it works, but I would like to fix the other VM as it has been customized and activated. For some of us this is related to Steam. I am not sure that is what was causing it, as Steam was working with the VM a few times, then... doesn't work at all. I guess I could try installing steam on the other VM to test as it isn't registered.

E__3 likes this.
  7. E__3

E__3 Bit poster

Any news on this issue? I realize it hasnt been long, but im having the same issue. Have any of you send in a report for analysis?

8. GeoffreyR2

GeoffreyR2 Bit poster

sadly nothing worked. I had to do an install from the windows recovery partition and had to do a complete install not leaving data. When I tried to do an install to recover, windows 11 put me on a screen that was unnavigable and I couldn't scroll down and click.

9. BobJ10

BobJ10 Bit poster

maybe this will help someone
    Apple M1 Max 64GB Ram
    macOS Monterey
    Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac Pro Edition Ver 17.1.4 (51567)
    Also: If you are using a Logitech wheel. I am using a G923 Xbox / pc but the G920 / G29 / G923 are all exactly the same wheel except the G923 has Trueforce. But it is the same wheel same gearing same circuitry.
    Like people here and on many places on web, I have tried pretty much everything to get this to work and it didn't.
    So, steps:
    Build Win 11 - reboot - all ok
    Install Steam - reboot - all ok
    F1 2022 Downloaded but not installed - reboot - all ok
    Open Steam Press play on F1 2002
    At this point you will see it installs a load of stuff in the background. (Kinnect language packs / direct x etc)
    Reboot
    After reboot it is at this point you have no mouse and keyboard and you can not carry out any trouble shooting such as removing Kinect packages....
    So I was taking snapshots at every stage in order to trouble shoot this.
    To get it working what I did was
    Take a snapshot at after the steam install and reboot
    Take another snapshot after F1 2022 if that's your game... ? After this has downloaded but not installed. And rebooted.
    Now you have some points to rollback to:
    Install your game such as F1 2022
    DO NOT REBOOT
    Open control panel
    Got to add / remove programs
    Uninstall all the Kinect nonsense
    Then reboot
    You should now be able to control your mouse and keyboard.
    It worked for me. Not saying it will work for everyone.
    However, after all this. When I go to play the game, I press the PLAY button and it presses down, AND DOES NOTHING!
    Ah well,
    One step forward.......

10. E__3

E__3 Bit poster

Yea. Ive been trying just about everything. Even got a tech friend so we could watch what processes failed in real time. Cannot solve issue. Which is too bad, parallels on m1 seemed my best shot a legal gaming . Thanks for following up.

11. GeoffreyR2

GeoffreyR2 Bit poster

The way I was able to access it was:
    To Enter Safe Mode:
    - Start the computer (it will start to bootcamp), when the windows logo appears hold shutdown key on keyboard to force shutdown.
    (into parallel maybe it is possible to do that by pressing the stop button into parallel software).
    - Do that three times. At the third time you'll be into Advanced Recovery environment.

Did a steam install cause your problem too?

E__3 likes this.
  12. E__3

E__3 Bit poster

Ill try this and check back in. Yes, steam is most likely
    I believe Steam was the cuprite. But, it doesn't happen right when i download it. Just happens after a few games playing. I re-downloaded windows but once it skips again i will try this. Thanks.

13. BobJ10

BobJ10 Bit poster

Hi Definitely the (Not Kinnect) but Microsoft language packs which cause the issue on my system which are part of the F1 22 install.

Game not launching is a standard Steam issue it appears.

14. BobJ10

BobJ10 Bit poster

Another update for anyone interested.
    New Windows 11 machine on Parallels to see if registering keyboard & mouse dll's would fix problem.
    Did not get that far.
    Installed Steam, then noticed F1 22 had an update!
    Installed f1 22 problem with keyboard and mouse after reboot does not happen!
    however for me, game still does not run.
    hope this helps

15. LoicB2

LoicB2 Bit poster

Hi Parallels support, I experienced this issue on MacBook Pro M1 2023 with a Windows 11 ARM image up to date which was working fine (130GB), no software changes other than PowerToys upgrade. Can share logs for debug if needed.

16. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    As a possible solution, kindly follow the below steps:
    1. Launch your Windows 11 Virtual Machine.
    2. Click on Actions Menu on top of the mac menu bar > Select Reinstall Parallels Tools > You will get a Prompt where you need to select "Yes" to proceed.
    3. Restart the Windows 11 and verify if the issue is persists ?
    If the issue persists, for us to further investigate this issue, kindly reproduce the issue and collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and provide us with the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.
    Thank you.

17. LoicB2

LoicB2 Bit poster

The option to reinstall parallel tools is not available. I have only "update parallels tools" grayed out. I first experienced the issue on Parallels 18. I attempted a parallel 19 upgrade, but cannot update parallels tools. Technical report IT is: 435101355.
    Thanks. BTW a fresh install via parallels 19 of Windows 11 ARM works fine. But I would prefer to recover the existing one as fully configured. I have a backup which was working when I last logged out before backup but now exhibiting the issue on the next startup.

18. LoicB2

LoicB2 Bit poster

See Technical data report 435101355

19. LoicB2

LoicB2 Bit poster

Can I get feedback on the technical report ? Thanks.

20. BenM18

BenM18 Bit poster

I have this same issue

AndrewS65 likes this.