All mouse and keyboard input stopped working

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Apple Silicon (M1) Mac' started by patc4, Apr 3, 2022.

1. patc4

patc4 Bit Poster

As soon as i use the windows 11 screen, my pointer disappears and no form of input works. i am unable to click and use my keyboard. i have tried restarting my mac m1, the windows 11 program, and deleting and reinstalling the application, but the problem persists.

GeoffreyR2 likes this.
  2. ErickR2

ErickR2 Bit Poster

Having the same issue. Seems to work in the boot manager, does not work in windows.

GeoffreyR2 likes this.
  3. haPPyeveRYDAY

haPPyeveRYDAY Bit Poster

How can u solve the problem? I'm using Linux system and I'm facing the same problem. When I click into the windows, I cant do anything. Everything is frozen.

4. GeoffreyR2

GeoffreyR2 Bit Poster

I am having the same issue with Windows 11 installed on MacBook Pro 13" M1 chip. I did install Steam, and have tried all the options to have the mouse and keyboard come back, but can't get it to work.

5. SamS4

SamS4 Bit Poster

Try forcing a re-install of the Parallels Tools from the "Actions" menu on the Parallels Toolbar in macOS. I'm not sure it it will work, but the control of this command is outside Windows so you can at least give it a try.

6. GeoffreyR2

GeoffreyR2 Bit Poster

Thanks, I saw others suggest this too... No Dice, still completely lost all functionality to keyboard and mouse. If I hit the alt+ctrl I can get my mouse back. I installed a new version of Windows 11 ARM and it works, but I would like to fix the other VM as it has been customized and activated. For some of us this is related to Steam. I am not sure that is what was causing it, as Steam was working with the VM a few times, then... doesn't work at all. I guess I could try installing steam on the other VM to test as it isn't registered.