Download video stopped working

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by KreelaM, Feb 17, 2023.

1. DrewL

DrewL Bit poster

Subbed for hopefully getting answers as mine is doing the same thing as of yesterday.

2. kenm10

kenm10 Bit poster

now whole thing crashing when trying to use

3. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hello everyone,
    We're happy to say the issue has been addressed. Please restart Parallels Toolbox on your computer and check how it works.
    PS: many thanks to everyone for reporting the issue.

Shery likes this.
  4. kenm10

kenm10 Bit poster

Still not working despite restart

its crashing "download video unexpectdly quit"

5. Mikhail Ushakov

Hello,
    would you reproduce the issue once again and collect a fresh technical report right after the issue is reproduced? Instructions on how to collect a technical report are available at https://kb.parallels.com/124107.
    A link to the video you tried to download would also be of much help for us.

6. RobertH69

RobertH69 Bit poster

Hello Parallels Team - obviously Youtube has changed something on their end that now prevents users of this software to capture video or audio from videos. Instead of having us users capture and submit a technical report - you, as a support person, would get the same issue if you tried to download a video from youtube. I have tried Vimeo videos and Rumble videos and have had no problems downloading those, so it is specifically Youtube. Can you acknowledge that the downloads from Youtube is currently broken until a patch can be made to circumvent whatever adjustments Youtube made a couple of days ago?

7. Shery

Shery Bit poster

confirmed it's working! thanks for the quick fix and update.

8. Mikhail Ushakov

Hi Robert,
    We checked it on our side, and it worked for us. Would you send me the link which is not working, please?

RobertH69 likes this.
  9. RobertH69

RobertH69 Bit poster

Thank you for checking that - I followed the steps to submit technical data and I sent the link in that as well as posting the error message I've been getting. The report id is:
    ID 419353874
    If you want me to send you the link in some other manner, please let me know.
    My system is an older MAC and the chrome browser I'm using is Version 110.0.5481.100 - not sure if that matters, I tried the other browsers I have to open youtube to obtain the URL and none work. My test was with no VPN on, I also tried to VPN into a different country and pulled up a random Youtube video and the download attempt failed with the same error message.

10. RobertH69

RobertH69 Bit poster

I closed the Parallels Toolbox through the gear icon and "Quit Parallels Toolbox" and then re-launched it. I tried downloading either the video or audio from a Youtube video and both failed. From the gear icon, I tried to have it check for a new version and it did state this was the latest version. Should I shut down the software and reopen in some different way?

11. Aydaskhan Asochakov

Aydaskhan Asochakov Staff Member

Greetings RobertH69,
    Thank you for the report provided.
    As we can see from the technical report provided. You are running Parallels Toolbox 5.1.0
    This week we've released Parallels Toolbox 6.0.2
    Kindly try to update your application to the latest build and check whether issue persists.
    If so, collect additional report as per this article: https://kb.parallels.com/124107
    Then copy 9-digit ID of the report and provide it in a reply message.
    We will be waiting for your reply.

12. RobertH69

RobertH69 Bit poster

I might be out of luck - I looked for the minimum MAC OS in the documents for the Toolbox 6.0.2 but couldn't find anything. When I tried to install the new toolbox, I get a block symbol, indicating the system won't install. I have an old mac mini that can only upgrade to High Sierra 10.13.6, which is where I'm at - so I suspect the min macOS is higher than my 10.13.6. Fortunately, I did find out I can capture the audio via the "Record Area" tool and then convert it to an audio file - so at least that works. Eventually, I'll be forced to upgrade to a newer machine, but this one currently works (mostly) for what I need.

13. Aydaskhan Asochakov

Greetings RobertH69,
    Could you please send us a screenshot of the block message and we will investigate it.
    Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

14. RobertH69

RobertH69 Bit poster

It isn't an actual error message, just a NOT symbol when I attempt to install.
    My OS is really old on a mac mini (mid 2011) - 10.13.6 - is this supposed to be able to install on my old system?
    upload_2023-3-7_16-28-28.png

15. Aydaskhan Asochakov

Greetings RobertH69,
    Kindly try to install previous version of Parallels Toolbox using the link below and check whether issue persists:
    https://download.parallels.com/toolbox/v5/5.0.0-4023/ParallelsToolbox-5.0.0-4023.dmg
    Please let us know about the results.
    Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

16. RobertH69

RobertH69 Bit poster

Thank you for the link - The older version didn't correct the inability to download the audio. I am getting the same message
    upload_2023-3-11_9-59-4.png

17. Lisa W

Lisa W Bit poster

I'm having the same issue as Robert H69. I am suddenly unable to download youtube videos. I am using An old MACBook Pro / OSHigh Sierra 10.13.6
    Are you planning on fixing this issue for people who have older MacOS? I recently renewed my subscription for your service and am disappointed this happened.

RobertH69 likes this.
  18. RobertH69

RobertH69 Bit poster

I also have the 10.13.6 OS High Sierra on an older Mac and my subscription is about the renew also. I'm glad I'm not the only one with an old Mac that is still working without other issues. I know support for older systems will force me to get a different system at some point. Hopefully a fix can be made available for us with these older systems.

19. Aydaskhan Asochakov

Greetings everyone,
    Letting you know that we are investigating this issue internally.
    Once we have an update, we will let you know.
    Thank you for your patience.
    Stay tuned.

RobertH69 likes this.
  20. LeonW3

LeonW3 Bit poster

Same problem. Any word of a fix yet? Thanks.