In early January I began encountering an error similar to "E:\Websites\Stage\mywebsite\somefile.ascx: Access to the path is denied" on a multitude of my local files when attempting to check them in. The files it is failing on are all sorts of files, PNG, ASPX, CONFIG, etc.
I am using Visual Studio 2013 for Web (Update 4) and the visualstudioonline.com TFS.
The files are stored on my Mac's data volume. I can manually open, manipulate, and save any of the files that error so I do not believe it is truly a permissions issues.
I ran a powershell script on the folder Get-ChildItem -Include *.* -Recurse -Path 'E:\Websites\Stage' | select fullname,isreadonly and all the files return 'False' under theisreadonly column. No errors are returned.
This setup had worked for months but suddenly it began giving me problems. I opened a ticket with Microsoft, who spent about three weeks looking into this issue.
If I move the files to the C drive of the VM, the errors go away. It appears an update to Parallels in late 2014/very early 2015 broke the ability to check-in files from a Mac drive.
Does anyone have a timeframe of when this might be resolved?
I am using Visual Studio 2013 for Web (Update 4) and the visualstudioonline.com TFS.
The files are stored on my Mac's data volume. I can manually open, manipulate, and save any of the files that error so I do not believe it is truly a permissions issues.
I ran a powershell script on the folder Get-ChildItem -Include *.* -Recurse -Path 'E:\Websites\Stage' | select fullname,isreadonly and all the files return 'False' under theisreadonly column. No errors are returned.
This setup had worked for months but suddenly it began giving me problems. I opened a ticket with Microsoft, who spent about three weeks looking into this issue.
If I move the files to the C drive of the VM, the errors go away. It appears an update to Parallels in late 2014/very early 2015 broke the ability to check-in files from a Mac drive.
Does anyone have a timeframe of when this might be resolved?