Blackberry desktop software not working

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by quadgrande, Jun 7, 2007.

1. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Parallels Desktop is planning in late summer or so,
    You can revert to 2,5 by converting disk to old format using Parallels Image Tools and reinstalling Parallels Desktop as described in http://kb.parallels.com/en/4790

Do not forget to backup current VM first!

2. dgill

dgill Bit poster

Installed build 5582.5 to correct Blackberry connection issue

Thanks for your help. Meanwhile, I tried installing build 5582.5, which is older than the one installed when I upgraded this past week, and that corrected the BB connection issue. Originlly saw that sugestion in the knowledge base but assumed an older build would not be as good as a newer one. Can you see any issue with doing that? Better than reverting back to 2.5?

3. John@Parallels

5582.5 is experimental build, which bypaths some Apple restriction, but sometimes it can be unstable,
    If you run it ok, it is better than version2.5

4. sunjitwhy

sunjitwhy Junior Member

Build 5582.5

Where can we download this experimental build? I am currently running 5608. I am about to pull my hair out. I need to leave my contact database in Outlook, so I can transfer the .PST file between here and work. No conversion tools work properly.

I am running:
    Mac Pro Dual Quad Core with 5 GB RAM
    Windows XP SP2 on Parallels 3.0, build 5608

Thank you.

5. sunjitwhy

sunjitwhy Junior Member

VZW 8830 with Bluetooth does not work

Also, I tried the fix with Bluetooth. I have no trouble pairing the device with Parallels. If go into Bluetooth devices, I see the "BlackBerry 8830." No problem there. The trouble is that Blackberry Desktop can't find the device. All the settings and fixes in this thread (including the linked ones) have been tried. No luck. Any ideas? Thanks.

6. John@Parallels

7. sunjitwhy

sunjitwhy Junior Member

Build 5582.5 Will Not Install

I have tried to install this experimental build, but it will not install. Installation just hangs, forcing me to restart the computer to be able to use Parallels. Any ideas? Thanks.

8. John@Parallels

9. sunjitwhy

sunjitwhy Junior Member

Installation still freezes

Thank you. I did exactly as instructed in the KB article. I was able to uninstall Parallels build 5608, but now I am not able to install 5582.5. It just freezes. Now what do I do? Thank you.

10. John@Parallels

Hm, did you try restart Mac OS, may be you downloaded incorrect package?
    Are you able to install old back?

11. sunjitwhy

sunjitwhy Junior Member

5608 does install

Thank you. Yes, I was able install 5608 after restarting and repairing permissions again. So, I had no luck with 5582.5. To confirm, should this work with Leopard OS 10.5.4?

Also, how long do you think it will be before you guys offer a new build that addresses this issue, which seems critical for so many users? I am going bonkers emailing vCards back and forth to my blackberry so I can stay in sync with outlook. Thanks!

12. John@Parallels

It should work with 10.5.4, it is very strange that 5582.5 hung on install,
    USB devices compatibility are enhancing in every build, may be you can wait another build or tyr once again to download,
    What is the size of downloaded 5582.5?

13. sunjitwhy

sunjitwhy Junior Member

Parallels-Desktop-5582.5-Mac-en

The file is 88.1 MB.

14. sunjitwhy

sunjitwhy Junior Member

How long?

I am unable to install 5582.5. I have re-downloaded the file and tried the complete procedure. It does not work. How long until the next build please? Thanks.

15. John@Parallels

The size is correct, may be restarting Mac will help

16. sunjitwhy

sunjitwhy Junior Member

Restarting?

Come on. I followed the instructions you gave, which included restarting, repairing permissions, uninstalling, using Terminal.app, etc. The software clearly doesn't work. So I am anxiously awaiting the next build, as are several other users. Please try to rush this. Thank you.

17. John@Parallels

We just checked it on Tiger 10.4.11 on Leopard 10.5.4 , strange this, can you check what is Console application in system.log/

18. sunjitwhy

sunjitwhy Junior Member

System Log

Is this what you are looking for? I have since restarted and installed 5608.

DBeginCGContext and QDEndCGContext
    8/8/08 6:24:22 PM [0x0-0x1b01b].com.parallels.desktop[658] GetUsbDevices(): Unable to create a plugin (0xe00002be)
    8/8/08 6:24:22 PM [0x0-0x1b01b].com.parallels.desktop[658] GetUsbDevices(): Unable to create a plugin (0xe00002be)
    8/8/08 6:40:19 PM [0x0-0x1b01b].com.parallels.desktop[658] GetUsbDevices(): Unable to create a plugin (0xe00002be)
    8/8/08 6:40:19 PM [0x0-0x1b01b].com.parallels.desktop[658] GetUsbDevices(): Unable to create a plugin (0xe00002be)

19. John@Parallels

Not exactly,
    Try to look for following in install.log

run preflight script for Parallels Desktop
    preflight[402]: kextunload: /Library/StartupItems/Parallels/Pvsvnic.kext: no such bundle file exists

try to install build 5582.5 and when installation hangs

in Terminal
    cd /Volumes/Parallels Desktop/Install Parallels Desktop.pkg/Contents/Resources
    sudo ./preflight

After this installation should proceed.

20. sunjitwhy

sunjitwhy Junior Member

Like this?

I tried entering those commands in Terminal. Is this the correct way? Currently, it is not working. Thank you.

Attached Files: