Call of Duty WW2 on Parallels 15 not working

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by AmirM83, Apr 7, 2020.

1. AmirM83

AmirM83 Bit poster

Hello,

I have an iMac 27" 2017 with a dedicated video card. I installed Parallels Desktop 15 and then created a Windows 10 VM.
    I installed Parallels Tools and other stuff and also installed Call of Duty WWII and installed DirectX.
    When running the game, it gives me an error : DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error. Error information: Unable to find a supported display mode.

I accidentally came to a partial solution to this problem. I uninstalled the "Display Driver" > "Parallels Display Adapter (WDDM)" completely in Device Manager, so it shows "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" instead and bingo! CoD runs on my VM but with very bad graphics. At least it runs now and doesn't show that error message any more.
    Then I reinstalled "Parallels Tools" again and this changed the Display Driver to its previous state ( Parallels Display Adapter (WDDM) ). This made the game not be able to run and gives the same error.
    I suppose that the problem is that CoD can not recognize Parallels Display Adapter as a display driver. Anyone had a solution for this problem?

PS: I have googled a lot and did almost everything I could find in Parallels forum including this link, but it didn't help :-s

2. Hello, what is the DirectX requirements for the Call Of Duty WW2?
    I've found that the Call Of Duty need a DirectX12, please correct me if I'm wrong.

AmirM83 and DanielJ16 like this.
  3. AmirM83

AmirM83 Bit poster

Hi Maria,

This is the minimum spec:
    RAM: 8 GB RAM. HDD: 90 GB HD space. Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 @ 2 GB / GTX 1050 or ATI® Radeon™ HD 7850 @ 2GB / AMD RX 550. DirectX: Version 11.0 compatible video card or equivalent.
    Although in my installation, I have DirectX 12 installed.

DanielJ16 likes this.
  4. DanielJ16

DanielJ16 Bit poster

I am also having the exact same problem. I have parallels 15 and windows 10 on my MacBook Pro 16 inch.

5. AmirM83

AmirM83 Bit poster

Hi,
    any update regarding my problem?

6. Hello, please sorry for the delay in response. Could you please collect the tech report once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here?

7. DanielJ16

DanielJ16 Bit poster

Hello I have generated a report the ID is - 341090022

8. Thanks a lot for the provided information.
    We've involved Parallels Engineering team in this case and once we get any updates we will let you know.
    Also I've found several this thread with the same issue, you can make a snapshot and try some solution from it.

9. DanielJ16

DanielJ16 Bit poster

I am not sure that is the same issue as described on this thread. Any help from the engineers will be much appreciated

10. Once we get any updates we will let you know. Thank you for your reply.

11. DanielJ16

DanielJ16 Bit poster

Hello is there any update on this

12. Hello, this issue is still under investigation with the Parallels Engineering Team

13. IgnacioO

IgnacioO Bit poster

Hello, Someone know if the new version is compatible with a NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M?
    I have a old mac book pro early 2013 with MacOs Catalina.
    Thank you
    Best regards
    Ignacio

14. DanielJ16

DanielJ16 Bit poster

Any update or timeframe for a resolution please

15. Parallels Engineering Team are continually working on issue that are escalated from our Support Team; however do not share an ETA for fix until one is available.
    Please sorry for the any inconvenience.
    and thank you for understanding.

16. MichaelW63

MichaelW63 Bit poster

is there any update on this?

17. DanielJ16

DanielJ16 Bit poster

Hello is there any update on this?

18. Hello, did you check the same issue with the newest Parallels Desktop version?

19. DanielJ16

DanielJ16 Bit poster

Yes,
    I have the same issue with parallels 16

20. TonyC20

TonyC20 Bit poster

I have the same issue. Has any solution been found?