Call of Duty WW2 on Parallels 15 not working

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by AmirM83, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Could you please share with us a screenshot of the issue and details about the issue.
    Looking forward to your reply.

2. TonyC20

TonyC20 Bit poster

Yep! I try to start Call of Duty Modern Warfare in Parallels and I get a DirectX error. Like I said, same issue as the person who posted this thread, and many others. I am not sure what other clarification you need. It's all been said in the thread. But here is a screenshot of it. I am on the latest update of Parallels and Warzone. I have tried everything mentioned in this thread, and on every single site you can find from googling. Nothing works.
    [​IMG]

3. Could you please provide us with the steps you performed.
    And also collect the tech report right after the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here?

4. TonyC20

TonyC20 Bit poster

Ok:
    1. Click on Call of Duty Modern Warfare entry in start menu.
    2. Battle.net loads.
    3. Battle.net client shows me my Modern Warfare game.
    4. Click Play button.
    5. Receive error message.
    6. Sent in technical report, ID is 350267641

I am not sure why all of this is needed. As I stated in my first reply. I am having the exact same error as everyone else here. And the thread already shows what the problem is. Replacing the video driver got it to work for others, but badly, then going back to the Parallels video driver made it broken again. So it is something to do with the driver and directx 12 not wanting to play nice together.

5. Thank you for your detailed reply.
    We've escalated this issue to the Parallels Engineering team.
    Once we get any updates we will let your know.
    Thank you for your time!

TonyC20 likes this.
  6. DanielJ16

DanielJ16 Bit poster

I first posted about this issue in May - and it was escalated to engineers (supposedly) when can I expect a response and a solution??!!

7. IgnasM

IgnasM Bit poster

guys, still no solution for this?

8. FelixK7

FelixK7 Bit poster

I'd also highly appreciate a fix.

9. Hi, are you running the latest Parallels Desktop version?

10. DanielJ16

DanielJ16 Bit poster

@maria - we seem to be going in circles on this issue, I confirmed previously that I was running the latest parallels version, I sent a tech report months ago and was told was with engineers. Still the same issues with parallel 16

11. I understand your concern. But if it's possible and you have a time for it, could you collect the tech report with the latest Parallels Desktop version please?

12. PaulH32

PaulH32 Bit poster

I also have the EXACT same frustrating issue.
    Mac mini
    OSX v 11.1
    32 GB DDR4
    BlackMagic eGPU
    Parallels Version 16.1.1 (49141)

Is there any remedy?

13. PaulH32

PaulH32 Bit poster

I sent in a technical report. # 357178575

14. GianniD

GianniD Bit poster

Hello,

I have the same problem using Parallels 16 on a 16-inch MacBook Pro trying to load CoD Modern Warfare. Attached is a screenshot of the error. As I've read on this forum, I guess I am not alone with this. Hopefully there's a fix.

Attached Files:

15. VladimirK6

VladimirK6 Bit poster

Dear Support,
    I am using Parallels Business Edition -
    Version 16.1.2 (49151)
    I am trying to run COD:Cold War and the error come up - No valid DX12 video card found.
    COD error2.jpg

16. JamesD16

JamesD16 Bit poster

No solutions yet o_O?

17. DaveS9

DaveS9 Bit poster

I purchased parallels and then widows 10 and then the game for the sole purpose to play call of duty ww2 , just wasted a few hundred dollars for a game that's not possible to play through parallels because of the same problem. sucks

JacobV likes this.
  18. HectorH2

HectorH2 Bit poster

DirectX ERROR, PLEASE WE NEED A SOLUTION QUICKLY!!!!!!! I PAID A FEW DOLLARS ON THIS

19. JacobV

JacobV Bit poster

Like DaveS9, I just bought Parallels 16 Pro edition and Windows 10 to play CoD Warzone, and get a DirectX error on launch. Everything is else is up-to-date and working. Please fix, otherwise this has been a massive waste of money.

20. WaltR1

WaltR1 Bit poster

I have this same issue. Directx error when using Parallels. Any update?