Hello,
I have an iMac 27" 2017 with a dedicated video card. I installed Parallels Desktop 15 and then created a Windows 10 VM.
I installed Parallels Tools and other stuff and also installed Call of Duty WWII and installed DirectX.
When running the game, it gives me an error : DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error. Error information: Unable to find a supported display mode.
I accidentally came to a partial solution to this problem. I uninstalled the "Display Driver" > "Parallels Display Adapter (WDDM)" completely in Device Manager, so it shows "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" instead and bingo! CoD runs on my VM but with very bad graphics. At least it runs now and doesn't show that error message any more.
Then I reinstalled "Parallels Tools" again and this changed the Display Driver to its previous state ( Parallels Display Adapter (WDDM) ). This made the game not be able to run and gives the same error.
I suppose that the problem is that CoD can not recognize Parallels Display Adapter as a display driver. Anyone had a solution for this problem?
PS: I have googled a lot and did almost everything I could find in Parallels forum including this link, but it didn't help :-s
I have an iMac 27" 2017 with a dedicated video card. I installed Parallels Desktop 15 and then created a Windows 10 VM.
I installed Parallels Tools and other stuff and also installed Call of Duty WWII and installed DirectX.
When running the game, it gives me an error : DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error. Error information: Unable to find a supported display mode.
I accidentally came to a partial solution to this problem. I uninstalled the "Display Driver" > "Parallels Display Adapter (WDDM)" completely in Device Manager, so it shows "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" instead and bingo! CoD runs on my VM but with very bad graphics. At least it runs now and doesn't show that error message any more.
Then I reinstalled "Parallels Tools" again and this changed the Display Driver to its previous state ( Parallels Display Adapter (WDDM) ). This made the game not be able to run and gives the same error.
I suppose that the problem is that CoD can not recognize Parallels Display Adapter as a display driver. Anyone had a solution for this problem?
PS: I have googled a lot and did almost everything I could find in Parallels forum including this link, but it didn't help :-s