Competitive upgrade pricing

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MehulM, May 4, 2019.

1. MattL7

MattL7 Bit poster

I would also like details on the crossgrade thanks

2. Hello,
    unfortunately we haven't any official offer for the VMware users.
    Please check your inbox for more information.

3. BernardoW

BernardoW Bit poster

Hi, could you share the info with me as well?

4. Hi, please check your inbox for more information.

5. ParallelsU728

ParallelsU728 Bit poster

Hello,
    I finally upgraded to Big Sur, and now need to consider whether to upgrade my Fusion version or switch to Parallels...
    I need to sometimes use Windows applications (via Boot Camp partition) on my Mac. Is there a competitive upgrade price for potential customers in my situation?
    Thanks

6. Yasmin

Yasmin Bit poster

I am at the same crossroads as everyone else: heard much about Parallels but resisted cross-upgrading from Fusion. Have been a VMware user and admin for years. Hard to change loyalties. Tested Parallels and it is definitely a good product. Any competitive upgrade offers to convince us VMware users to switch? Thank you.

7. Hi, please check your inbox.

8. Hello, could you check your inbox please?

9. ColinH6

ColinH6 Bit poster

Looks like they may be a little more responsive than when I asked back in April. However, a week after my trial ran out I received a marketing questionnaire that gave me a code for a 10% discount IIRC.

The whole thing is a bummer as I think VMWF performs better. Its performance had been dropping off, especially graphics for my occasional CAD use, but Parallels is worse and both on M1 MacBook Air (with Win 10 ARM64 pre-release as the VM) and Intel i7 iMac it regularly suffers what I would opine to be memory leaks as performance deteriorates to the point of unusability and if you don't shutdown fairly quickly you end up doing a force-quit, or worse a hard power-off of the whole machine. It is certainly necessary to regularly (every few hours) shutdown and restart Parallels and the VM to maintain decent performance of both the VM and the whole machine. I find myself rebooting both macs every 2 or 3 days just to be on the safe side where it used to be weeks before there was any need for a reboot.

10. ConnectixSoldOut

ConnectixSoldOut Member

For what it's worth.. anyone who gets a coupon code from Maria (she hooked me up too), make sure you do the subscription option.

I didn't. Got a smoking deal on v16, then they released v17 4 months later.

Am I upset? Yes. Is there a damn thing I can do? No. VMware isn't remotely comparable now (their tech preview on M1 doesn't "do" Windows because of licensing and their Linux support is shit.

So, do the subscription option so you're not irritated like me and then end up buying a subscription later on because as an M1 user there aren't any other options.

Oh and hey Parallels.. it's nice you do a discount for VMware users.. but you don't need to anymore. Fusion is garbage on M1.. If you continue to do so, good on you.

11. Hi, please check your inbox for more information.

12. Yasmin

Yasmin Bit poster

I am at the same crossroads as everyone else: heard much about Parallels but resisted cross-upgrading from Fusion. Have been a VMware user and admin for years. Hard to change loyalties. Tested Parallels and it is definitely a good product. Any competitive upgrade offers to convince us VMware users to switch? Thank you Maria. I have been trying to get hold of you for the Standard version instead of the Pro subscription. Appreciate your assistance.

13. MatthiasW5

MatthiasW5 Bit poster

Is there any offer to upgrade from VMware Fusion 12?
    Thanks
    Matthias

14. Hello, please check your inbox for more information.

15. Hi, we haven't any official offer for the VMware users, unfortunately.
    Please check your inbox for more info.

16. DennisD8

DennisD8 Bit poster

Hi, I'm in the same position. I have worked in computer/network security for 20+ years and am curious if there is a discount on the subscription for switching from VMware Fusion 12 to Parallels Desktop Pro Edition. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

17. Yasmin

Yasmin Bit poster

Interested in competitive upgrade from Fusion to Parallels Standard. Thank you much

18. Hi, please reply us back via the private message.

19. Hello,
    please check your inbox for more information.

20. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<