Did anyone else on 17 get a "macOS Ventura Service Notification"?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Apple Silicon (M1) Mac' started by ConnerS1, Sep 14, 2022.

1. ConnerS1

ConnerS1 Bit Poster

I received an email the other day saying that Parallels 17 is not going to be compatible with macOS Ventura and the only way to fix it is to buy Parallels 18 for $70. I think this is absolutely ridiculous that they're making it so you either have to pay $70 or not upgrade your operating system just to have it work. This version is less than a year old!!! They should either patch 17 so it works or give us a free upgrade. I get planned obsolescence but jeez, it's been less than a year since I bought Parallels! Anyone else think this is outrageous? BAB149F2-E9DB-448F-88CE-656A711B791D.jpeg

MatthewR20 likes this.
  2. GiedriusK

GiedriusK Bit Poster

I bought Paralells 17 half year ago and now i got same email with notification that Paralells 17 will be not compatible with MacOS Ventura, and will need to upgrade to v18 for 70$. That is totally unfair from Paralells side.

AndreiC7 and MatthewR20 like this.
  3. AndreiC7

AndreiC7 Bit Poster

Not cool! I have the same issue... Bought Parallels 17 not half a year ago... and now need to spend more?
    I hate subscriptions... I hoped I'd be running this version for at least a couple of years before I need to spend more.
    Parallels, please solve this.

MatthewR20 and JustinM12 like this.
  4. JustinM12

JustinM12 Bit Poster

Came here to say the same thing. I bought the non-subscription version because I just need it for a few things and don't have an on-going need or desire for all the featured offered by the subscription versions. If Parallels thinks this will induce me to upgrade, I want to be very clear: it will, instead, induce me to abandon Parallels altogether.

MatthewR20 likes this.
  5. DavidG54

DavidG54

Same. Purchased late April, less than 5 months later. FFS.

6. Aries@PF

Aries@PF Kilo Poster

Heh, yeah, only mine said "up to 50% off"

7. abccC2

abccC2 Bit Poster

To be frank, it's not clear what is going on. See this webpage:

https://kb.parallels.com/en/114381

It suggests that Parallels 17 IS COMPATIBLE with Ventura. And then there is a little asterisk with some note about Monterey.

Please clarify, Parallels.

8. ConnerS1

ConnerS1 Bit Poster

I think this is saying the APP is compatible with Ventura, but the email is saying Windows 11 won't work with Ventura