Gameplay in Parallels Desktop 8 with DirectX 10 and DirectX 9 games.

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Andrew@Parallels, Dec 3, 2012.

1. vaucluse2030

vaucluse2030 Bit poster

Hi,

I have successful to run 1.50 BF2 and BF2102 when I just run Bootcamp directly. However, after I have installed the Parallel Desktop 8, I can not run through the Desktop version, but when I switch over to Bootcamp, it still runs okay.

I have iMac 27" with 3.2G, 8G ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1024 MB. Can anyone teach me how to overcome this issue?

2. WallaceF

WallaceF Bit poster

Well I guess we've got abandoned about DotA 2 issues....The alternative is wait for Parallels 9 to solve this (and we have to pray) or we should wait for the Official Mac Version...This is very sad

3. vaucluse2030

vaucluse2030 Bit poster

However, it work with my Macbook Pro 17" (2012) with same configuration. The only difference is that my Macbook Pro 17" is using Windows 7 32bit, but my iMac 27 is using Windows 7 64 bits. If I just run the bootcamp, there is nothing wrong with it and I can run it fully and even online version. However, the Parallel version I can not even get into the program. I will try to re-install the 1.50 again under the Parallel, to see if that will solve the problem.

4. lezboseagull

lezboseagull Bit poster

It might be a bit premature, haven't tested that much yet but try this in your launch options for dota2 "--nod3d9ex" to force directx9 (otherwise will use 11 I think)

5. alexooitt

alexooitt Bit poster

Hi Andrew, I purchase the crysis 2 maximum yesterday night and the games is keep on crashing during loading. Is that any hints to get this work..?

6. AlexSal

AlexSal Bit poster

Hi there,

I am having a similar issue although it isnt with gameplay. I downloaded the Parallels Trial a couple of days ago because I needed to run a Landscape Design program; Realtime Landscaping Architecture 2013. I have since not been able to boot the program. I have tried to optimize the VM Video option in tools every which way, but nothing seems to work.

I am running OSX 10.8.4 the latest I think. Hardware on the machine is 2.66 duo core, 8 bg ram, and an Nvidia geforce 9600m gt video card. On the VM i am running Windows 7. I should have the system requirements covered. Yet, at boot time I get an error message: "Your video card reported and error. This usually indicates the card does not support the minimum DirctX features required for 3d graphics..."

I love Parallels so far, and I would like to keep it, but I need this program to work. Any help is much appreciated.

Alex

Capture.PNG

7. rcruk74

rcruk74 Bit poster

1. GRID on Steam
    2. Works fine on Bootcamp
    3. Game starts but cannot see menu or when race starts view out of vehicle
    4. Is graphics problem, can hear game working in the background

8. Yangkx

Yangkx Bit poster

I have the similair issue too. I'm trying to play Dragon's Prophet a new MMO game that was recently release. I played it on my windows which is 3 years older than my mac that I just bought. When I install the parallels 9 onto my mac, and got all the setting to replicate a window. I cant get the game to play due to a graphic card issue. I try running p9 on 2 different games. The second game is 10 years old and still gives me a graphic card render issue. How do i get my p9 to load the driver from my mac so that it can work.

9. Will_Fish

Will_Fish Bit poster

Shogun 2

Hi, I am having an issue running Shogun 2 Total War on my Parallels 8 on a MBP.

1. Exact name and version of the game: Shogun 2 Total War
    2. Does it suit the system requirements? At least check the RAM and if your OS is supported by the game manufacturer: Yes, 8GB RAM/Windows 7
    3. Exact steps to reproduce the problem (crashes on start, screen artifacts, etc.) and in which View Mode you're seeing the issue: problem starts right after I see the legal screen. The game crashes and I get about 4 different pop ups asking to close the game.
    4. Problem report ID at the time the game seizes to work properly (hit Help->Report a Problem and post it here):
    Problem signature:

I tried to reinstall paralells tools to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated.

10. allyrulz

allyrulz Bit poster

We put it the latest version of parallels 9 and I am trying to get my black ops 2 game to work but it still gives me the DirectX error message saying DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error check read me for possible solutions. How can we fix this solution?

11. allyrulz

allyrulz Bit poster

We put it the latest version of parallels 9 and I am trying to get my black ops 2 game to work but it still gives me the DirectX error message saying DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error check read me for possible solutions. How can we fix these problems?

12. EZFrag

EZFrag Bit poster

Hi there,

I don't think the graphical issues is a Parallels thing. More a limitation of the Video hardware. I tried running Dota in various VM's and had the same graphical issues.

There is the case of the severe lag/slowdown.... DotA 2 will run fine for 10 minutes, then suddenly, it goes to around 5 fps...

13. drmathprog

drmathprog Bit poster

Strat-o-matic Baseball 2013 crashes immediately upon launch in Win 7.

14. Rojoyinc

Rojoyinc Bit poster

Crysis on win8 and parallel's 9

Im new to Mac and new to Parallels and so far I've been praising it all over steam. I run several PC games with superb speed and compatibility.
    Up front I have to say that I CAN NOT SETUP BOOTCAMP - tried for 3 days and it's not possible on my machine and configuration. I have been a PC for over 35 years. (just learned I much prefer OSX)

However - I just purchased Crysis and Crysis warhead on steam and so far - no go.

I'm running iMac quad core 3.1 OSX mav. 12gb ram, Parallels 9 with 4 cores and 6gb ram and 1gb graphics ram. It has M6970 card (AMD I think)
    27" typically ins 2580 res.
    I have parallels set to be in directX 9 at this point. I run 1600x900 or higher on all games and get superb frame rates. (all graphics on high)
    Win8 (original from MSFT) and updated to 8.1.

Game starts loading and I get black screen/window to start on desktop then just drops out. ???????
    I like to run a DEMO first to make sure it works, and in this case I didn't. (there is none) so I looked in the net and saw many people running
    benchmark tests with parallels and crysis with many youtube videos showing it's possible. (but how?)

Games I run under parallels FINE:

Assassins creed II
    medal of honor
    cod 2 (some sound issues with sound working I get game pauses every so often with sound off frame rate is smooth always) = ( oh well it's OLD.
    cod modern warfare 2
    cod modern warfare 3
    contrast
    Mass effect 2
    Hawken <------ beta NEW release awesome graphics
    virtual skipper
    Sail sim 5
    F1 2012
    Skyrim
    Warhammer 40k space marine
    Tomb Raider (before I had Mac vers)
    a handful of others as well.

15. Rojoyinc

Rojoyinc Bit poster

UPDATE:

I changed to DX10 game got a little further to AE intro video and crashed to win login screen. I logged in and Par-TOOLS were missing. I re-installs Par-TOOLS.
    Tried again. This time I got through ALL the intros and finally got to the main game menu. Clicking SINGLE PLAYER it again crashes to win login screen and once I logged in again, PAR-TOOLS were missing again so Steam can't access the external drive where it installed Crysis.

16. Rojoyinc

Rojoyinc Bit poster

UPDATE 2:

Steam will not allow me to add the path where the game is installed because STEAM needs the new 2nd path to be empty. (to add what is thinks is a new download path).
    The par-tools are again installed - the path was dumped from Steam (probably because it couldn't find it last time as par-tools were dumped) and it will not let me add the path back into the download directory options.

COULD PAR TOOLS be crashing while trying to run the game? A solution then would be to install the game on C: but my VR drive is so full on my SSD. I prefer external.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  17. mr_q

mr_q Member

I have a brand new MacBook Pro and Apple's own thumb-drive USB image Bootcamp makes doesn't work. Just hangs at the Windows7 select your language screen. I don't know if Apple has abandoned Win7 support and 8 works or if it's just broken.

I don't have a Win8 to test.

18. Rojoyinc

Rojoyinc Bit poster

I can't get past the partition and format. Says I can't select a EFI partition - I can only select the external (EFI version DVD drive to boot from) if I pick the non EFI DVD (same one) it won't load. It does load and start installing win8 if EFI then bombs on partition/format. I can't boot/install from USB drive - it doesn't show up as a boot device.

So - I don't mind being limited to Parallels. I really like it - however, occasionally I find games that give me problems like Crysis. = (
    When youtube shows others running Crysis under parallels.

19. Fabbio

Fabbio Bit poster

Hi there!!!

I have a problem with CounterStrike:GO and parallels 9 with windows 8 MacBook PRO Retina, 16gb ram and NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1GB PCIe, Intel HD Graphics 4000 integrated, Intel Core i7 2,3Ghz . I installed all but when i try to start a game i have an error and can't play... this is a screen about error

Schermata 2014-03-31 alle 18.34.05.png

How could the problem be solved?

Thanks a lot

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  20. DavidG1981

DavidG1981 Bit poster

Hi Andrew,
    I have a mid 2012, MBPr 15" 2.3 16GB 500gb SSD. I just downloaded Battlefield 3 (free on Origin for the next few days FYI). Trying to play it on my Mac, i boot up Origin on win 8 pro via parallels 9 (up-to-date)and I get stuck "initializing" while trying to join a server. Please advise. Thanks