Gray box showing up when running coherence

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by toonetown, Feb 24, 2023.

Tags:
  1. RobertW43

RobertW43 Bit poster

I contacted Parallels support on February 14 about this issue and have emailing with them to see what is up. They say they are still working on it. I don't know why this is taking them so long.

2. AdamU2

AdamU2 Bit poster

Same issue on both Mac Studio and MacBook Air. It's almost like it's the Windows widget board that keeps popping up...

3. BrianM40

BrianM40 Bit poster

I'm having the same problem.

4. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hello! I'm thrilled to say we have a fix for the issue that will be released soon. Kindly subscribe to https://kb.parallels.com/129060 to get the email notification once the update is released.

5. AdamJ9

AdamJ9 Bit poster

Great news! Looking forward to saying goodbye to the gray box.

6. AlessandroB9

AlessandroB9 Junior Member

Great news but.. It's 3 months being in trouble without getting a solution to this bug!!
    What are you waiting for?!?!
    License expiration?!?!?!

7. WolfgangS27

WolfgangS27 Junior Member

Seconded and thirded ...

8. I am running Version 18.2.0 (53488) and still see the gray box pop up every time I look at start menu in Windows 11. Has there been a published fix for this yet?

9. WolfgangS27

As this is taking too much time and Parallels apparently doesn't care, in the meantime I switched to VMWare Fusion 13.

10. RobertW43

RobertW43 Bit poster

Mikhail, any update? Rob

11. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Best Answer
    Hello,
    Parallels Desktop 18.3.0 with the fix for the issue has just been released. Kindly update Parallels Desktop to 18.3.0 and check if it works for you.

12. WolfgangS27

Great, thanks, no problem so far.

13. RobertW43

RobertW43 Bit poster

Seems good!

14. PaulG43

PaulG43 Bit poster

I applied the update and still get a occasional random grey box in coherence!

I opened a case with support.

It doesn't seem that the problem has been completely eliminated yet.

Are there configuration changes, I should make?

15. WolfgangS27

Hi Paul, it is strange that the patched version does not work for you. So far, I can confirm the correct behaviour of Parallels, no grey boxes anymore.

16. JasonL26

JasonL26 Bit poster

Now I don't get the grey box, but in Outlook my replies/new email windows don't display like they should. The only way to get them to show up is to right click on the icon in the taskbar, then select the message.

17. Aydaskhan Asochakov

Aydaskhan Asochakov Staff Member

Greetings JasonL26,

Thank you for posting on Parallels Forum.

To let us better understand the situation, please perform the following steps:

1. Reproduce the issue.

2. Collect a technical report (click Parallels icon || > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in a reply message.

Check this article how to collect and send report: https://kb.parallels.com/en/9058

We will be waiting for your reply.

18. PaulG43

PaulG43 Bit poster

My issue went away after following these steps that were provided by support:

1. Exit coherence mode (Right Click on VM icon in dock > View > Exit Coherence)
    2. In the Mac Menu bar on top of the screen, Click on Action > Reinstall Parallels Tools
    3. The VM will prompt you to restart and proceed.
    4. Once it is booted up, please try to use it in coherence mode again.

19. JasonL26

JasonL26 Bit poster

426202569 is the technical report #.

20. JasonL26

JasonL26 Bit poster

This definitely has something to do with the gray box fix. I run 3 monitors, my outlook is open on a side monitor and the new/reply window opens up on my main window. If I finally get the new/reply window open, I can drag it over into the main Outlook window, close it, then reopen it every time without issue. Whatever amount of the new/reply window I drag outside of main outlook window will be cut off when reopening the new/reply window.