Gray box showing up when running coherence

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by toonetown, Feb 24, 2023.

Tags:
  1. TimS39

TimS39 Bit poster

Also pleased to report I've been running the update for a few days and have had 0 issues. No gray box, no graphical issues, just perfection. You guys are awesome. I'm sorry some of you are still having issues - this seems like a tough problem to figure out.

2. Beignett

Beignett Bit poster

I have the exact same issue. Parallels 18.3.0 (53606) on Macbook M1 pro with Mac studio display monitor.

3. AlessandroB9

AlessandroB9 Junior Member

Unfortunately the grey box issue is mitigated but not fixed. Being a software developer I'm working most of time in PowerShell/Terminal using Coherence mode and after some hours a smaller GrayBox appear. What is interesting is that when I close PowerShell/Terminal it disappear!

4. Pavel Merkulov

Pavel Merkulov Parallels Team

Hello,

Today we released Parallels Desktop 18.3.1 update in which this issue has been fixed.

Please update Parallels Desktop to the latest version and let us know if you encounter the issue.

5. Beignett

Beignett Bit poster

Thanks Pavel. I have been using the updated version for 3-4 days. in Outlook, coherence mode, when I try to reply to an email, 95% of the time the reply window jumps behind the main Outlook window in less than one second. At that point the only way to access the newly created reply window is to either minimize Outlook or right-click the Outlook icon in the dock and select the reply window instead of the main window. Approximately 5% of the time, the reply window works properly. Also, still showing random grey sections, screenshot attached.

Attached Files:

6. AlessandroB9

I Confirm: Bug mitigated but present. What is bad is performance: using Parallels as C++ Developers (MSVC 2022), I lost 20% of compile speed simply updating Paralles... This is not nice

7. AlessandroB9

I continue to have same ISSUE with Parallels Desktop 19!! Any news?!?! This bug is not new one: is old, affects many users (that pay license) and no one is fixing it!!
    Please give us not interim answer but WHEN bug is fixed! You just need to open a Terminal in Windows to get the gray box!

8. WolfgangS28

WolfgangS28 Bit poster

Hi Alessandro89, I updated to v19 yesterday but did not have any problems so far, that is, no grey box.

9. AlessandroB9

Happy for you, but for me problem still exist!
    Some times only grey box on left, but more I open terminals and run script and more it become big!

Attached Files:

10. Pavel Merkulov

Pavel Merkulov Parallels Team

Hello,
    Thank you for your feedback.

We haven't been able to reproduce the issue you're experiencing.

To let us better understand the situation, please perform the following steps:

1. Run the Virtual Machine,

2. Reproduce the issue.

Collect an additional technical report (click Parallels icon || > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in a reply.

11. AlessandroB9

Technical report 433984485

12. Beignett

Beignett Bit poster

I have used the update for a few days. It appears to have finally resolved my issues which were:
    1. Random grey boxes appearing, of differing shapes and sizes.
    2. Outlook email reply and forward windows not displaying properly.

13. Ashley Chumun

Ashley Chumun Staff Member

Greetings,
    Thank you for the provided Technical Report.
    We have opened an internal ticket and following up the issue.
    Kindly check your email sxxxxxx@uxxxxxxx.it and provide us with a reply.
    Thanks

14. AlessandroB9

Technical report 434337367

Nothing changed: grey box is always there!
    More over, during "Reinstall Parallels Tools Step" a big grey box pop up back!
    So please, fix it!

15. Beignett

Beignett Bit poster

16. Beignett

Beignett Bit poster

I guess I was wrong. Grey box appeared at startup both yesterday and today, 08.30.23. Screenshot attached. Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 8.06.55 AM.png

17. Maxim Rasulov

Maxim Rasulov Staff Member

Hello.
    We can note that there is an open ticket in our system, for the investigation, please check your e-mail associated with this forum.
    Thank you!

18. AlessandroB9

Maxim Rasulov you sent me an email with "try this to resolve" I already received/did!!

Technical report 433984485 -> BEFORE
    Technical report 434337367 -> AFTER

19. LawrenceC7

LawrenceC7 Bit poster

I too am experiencing this issue with a grey box when running coherence. I am on an M2 Studio Ultra and Parallels 19.

20. AlessandroB9

Any news about this fix?? I posted reports but I'm not getting answer!