High cpu usage due to bsdtar process

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by CarlB7, Oct 9, 2019.

1. AlexanderN4

AlexanderN4

Hi John

I logged into my account and found my old perpetual license for Parallels 12 was showing in my account (from when I probably first installed Parallels Toolbox).

I am guessing that the license key you put into Parallels Desktop didn't get copied into the Parallels Toolbox install so its telling you its not valid on the new license.

If you are seeing this error please try logging into your account and use your subscription license key to activate the new Parallels Toolbox (and try uninstall the toolbox fully and then install it again new / from parallels desktop) with your subscription key so you keep getting updates / be able to install.

Regards
    Alexander

2. AlexanderN4

AlexanderN4

I have now gone through this process
    1. Install new parallels toolbox using the option in the Parallels Desktop menu bar
    2. Open Parallels Toolbox in the menu bar once installed
    3. Click "I have another key" in Parallels Toolbox when it says your license is invalid for this version
    4. Put in your *subscription* serial number from your parallels account (Into Parallels Toolbox)
    5. Login to your parallels account inside toolbox
    6. It should then activate and tell you it is updated.

Regards
    Alexander

3. ParallelsU374

ParallelsU374

Happening to me...10.15.3 and latest parallels. Activity monitor kills them off...