How to Hide Control Center?- Parallels 10

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by GeorgeBH, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Bryan Schmiedeler

Bryan Schmiedeler Bit poster

I have been wanting to get rid of that stupid control center for a few months. Thought it was just a preference that I missed. Totally amazed that this is not a preference that is turned off by default. Most people will only run 1 VM. Please fix this Parallels. I do evaluate whether to use Fusion or Parallels every time they update - started using Fusion, but switched to P; will consider switching back if this is not fixed.

2. Jfro

Jfro Bit poster

I am also adding my voice to this, very annoying and I keep manually checking for updates EVERY day, hoping they correct this. If Parallels 9 worked better with Yosemite, I would go back, but it works so poor it kills my machines performance, so I can't go back.
    Please fix this guys. :)

3. ChrisT1

ChrisT1 Bit poster

I second the comments herein. The stupid control center floating around is really, really annoying. What is the point of having it there? It needs to be a menu that can be launched when you want to mess with it. I honestly do no see the purpose of having to manually minimize it every time I start Windows.

4. mikel51

mikel51 Bit poster

This worked for me....thanks....it would be nice if the parallels development team would make viewing the control center an option rather than the current status. Like others, I have been "silently suffering" for months until I decided to search the web to see if there was a solution.

5. gizmo78

gizmo78 Bit poster

I can confirm this works with my Windows 7 VM as well. Thanks very much to John Williams - you made my day!

6. Bashcraft

Bashcraft Junior Member

I see we still haven't gotten a response. If I'm going to have to deal with a STUPID control center I might as well use VirtualBox. At least it is free so I wouldn't have to pay for the annoyance. Rest assured I won't be upgrading any more if this is not fixed.

7. The control center is beyond annoying. I absolutely hate this and don't understand why they haven't addressed this. Everytime I minimize my VM, it pops back up on top of my VM when I bring it back in the dock. The ONLY time I touch it is to launch the VM, behind that it's a nuisance of major magnitude. Please address this as a preference option. I HATE IT !

8. WilliamL2

WilliamL2 Bit poster

Has there been any resolution to being able to stop control center from opening every time the VM is started? I'd like to disable this feature. Tks

9. WilliamL2

WilliamL2 Bit poster

Has there been any resolution to being able to stop control center from opening every time the VM is started? I'd like to disable this feature. Tks

RobertG5 likes this.
  10. Alex Kulick

Alex Kulick Bit poster

there needs to be a way to hide this. I am now sorry I upgraded.

RobertG5 likes this.
  11. Kevin_Zapp

Kevin_Zapp Bit poster

omg this is so super annoying and they are ignoring it. The worst thing is that the little thumbnail image of the VM in the control center is a delayed mirror of the "real" VM. Thats why you HAVE to minimize it unless you like it to get constantly distracted. I go back to VMWare Fusion, seriously.

RobertG5 likes this.
  12. StevenP1

StevenP1 Bit poster

I have one (somewhat ridiculous) short term band aid.
    The pathetic desktop control center can be shrunk down by dragging corners of the window inward. Once you've shrunk it as much as it will allow, you can , as I have, drag that little window to the loneliest corner of your mac desktop. With a few stabs at pushing it as far off the desktop as Mac will allow, I've gotten it to nearly disappear in the corner. Ridiculous, I know but it kept the thing out of sight and b/c its technically open, it doesn't persist in popping up mid screen.

13. JohnK1

JohnK1 Bit poster

Does anyone know if VMware behaves like this? I may switch because of this stupid window. Really Fs up my workflow having this window inject itself into my windows switching. Parallels has no plans of changing this given how long it's been around. VMware and Parallels are so close feature wise that this would be the decision maker for me.

14. Bashcraft

Bashcraft Junior Member

Has this issue been resolved in the Parallels Desktop 11?

15. Norman1

Norman1 Bit poster

I just upgraded. No, it has not been resolved.
    This is a daily drag on usability. All the intuitive efficiency of Command-Tab switching between Windows and Mac OS tasks is undermined by Parallel's refusal to provide an option for this behavior.
    Please, anyone at Parallels who reads this, please escalate this issue and provide a solution. There is not a day that passes that I don't both 1) use Parallels and 2) feel disappointed in this vendor for not having resolved this.

16. FokkoG

FokkoG Bit poster

+1
    Like most people here, I find this new feature a productivity killer that makes me wanna downgrade again.

17. BobbyH1

BobbyH1 Bit poster

I called Parallels support and this incredibly annoying and highly obstructive "new feature" has been escalated to the development team for a resolution. I am sure it would take a programmer 1 hour to write the code to add a HIDE feature to this unbelievably annoying Control Panel - yet to date has not been done. I am happy to switch to VMWARE Fusion if it is not resolved in the next release. Suggest you also call/email and complain so that Parallels gets their act together and fixes this problem.

18. VolkerK1

VolkerK1 Bit poster

Amazing, I talked to support last year and they told me they give it high priority. Amazing how they can not listen to customers!

19. Bashcraft

Bashcraft Junior Member

I refuse to upgrade until they address the issue. If I wanted to deal with a control center, I can get VirtualBox for free. Might have to grab a trial of VMWare Fusion and see how it looks now.

20. JohnK1

JohnK1 Bit poster

Parallels is too busy working on next year's subscription update (Parallels 11). These little details don't fit into their revenue subscription business model. I kid, but probably true. I'm going to check the new vmware out.