I agree with you only to the extent that I see Parallels customer service and support falling by the way as they bring out release after release. They need to slow down and work on propping up their support.
OTOH, Fusion just plain sucks. As I document in another thread, there is no native support for the Apple eject key and CD/DVD support is just an illusion. On a Mac Pro, the only solution for opening and closing the CD/DVD drive trays is to get a piece of freeware published about 4 years ago. According to a Fusion developer: "Apple eject key didn't make the cut for the Version 1". Next, try installing a networked printer, or even a printer plugged into a usb port on the Mac Pro. Impossible, or nearly so. Printer support is so bad, that they've basically stopped responding to questions about printers.
So, I'll see your Parallels problems and raise you two show-stopping Fusion RC1 bugs and non-features.
I suspect the printing issue *may* be resolved in Fusion before release 1 goes gold, but the apple eject key is just plain not in the plan, even in a future update.
I'll stick with Parallels, which through all its iterations from original to current, has never given me a single problem on 4 different machines.
I'd still like some native support for resizing an existing partition, not the somewhat kludgy way it needs to be done. But if all I need to do is pull in 3rd party support from products I already own (Partition Magic, Acronis True Image) from my Windows days, I can live with that.