[Licensing] Use one license on several personal computers

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by RyanM8, May 31, 2017.

?

Easy to use facility to switch license between computer systems

1. Yes, great. need one

136 vote(s)
    93.8%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. JamesL46

JamesL46 Bit Poster

Looks like vmware fusion 13 has official support for M1. Parallels still won't allow a subscription to be used on multiple computers. I guess I'll vote with my dollars. It's too bad really, I like some of the things that Parallels does over VMWare. But it is really vital for me to be able to run at work/home/laptop. I'm not going to pay for three subscriptions, and since this is for personal convenience my company isn't paying for it.

Lapsusone likes this.
  2. AlexisP

AlexisP

Fell in love with Parallels and been using it for a while for my desktop, but now that I need to use it on my laptop when I'm not home, traveling or just continue to use while in the living room I see that I will need another license. I'm not going to rely on some Remote Desktop app for testing my work with Vagrant. Why?!!!! I see I'm not the only one who thinks 1 license should be allowed for at least another personal computer... But this thread was started in 2017 and Parallels still haven't fixed this problem??? Wow! Seems like corporate greed at best. I'm not even going to sit around hoping they'll consider, because it seems like they won't after all those years. All my other professional programs are able to do it such as Adobe products, Davinci Resolve Studio, all Apple products, ect....even small but popular programs like TG Pro allow up to 3 computers. Hell no I'm paying for another license, there are alternatives. VMWare it is. Too bad, because I did like this software but you guys gave me one good reason to hate this company. Not a way to treat customers, you had these guys waiting for more than 7 years? Jeez! It was great while it lasted. Bye.

Lapsusone likes this.
  3. bengirm

bengirm Bit Poster

Majestic is one of the most popular tools in internet marketing. Nowadays internet marketers cannot avoid a tool like Majestic. Majestic trust flow and citation flow both come under Majestic Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) tools.

4. RikkiV

RikkiV Bit Poster

Sighhhhh!!! (A very long sigh)...
    I really love Parallels, the way it integrates with Mac. I really hope (someday!??) they consider allowing at least 2 personal computers per license as most people has at least a 2 computers, one portable and one at home and switching between them regularly. For now, I'm using Parallels on my laptop since and VMWare Fusion (free) on my desktop. It's just hasle

5. zipo4

zipo4

Wow, awesome blog.
    I really Appreciate you sharing, Amazing article post ever!
    So Creative, please continue. Thankyou

visit to my website : Zipo4D

6. Lapsusone

Lapsusone Bit Poster

I subscribed to Parallels and immediately asked for a refund when I saw that the subscription is only valid for a single computer. This goes directly against a subscription based model. I won't subscribe again until I can get multi-installs license. Jetbrains, Microsoft etc all allow it. This makes no sense, people have a desktop and laptop computer, in 2023 making them pay 2 subscriptions is stealing from them.

7. Bhargava@Parallels

Bhargava@Parallels Staff Member

Hello, please DM us with your payment reference number or the Parallels Desktop for Mac license key so that we can initiate the refund. Thanks.

8. Lapsusone

Lapsusone Bit Poster

My refund is complete. Thanks.

9. Bhargava@Parallels

Thank you. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

10. GuentherG1

GuentherG1 Bit Poster

Hello, wanna activate my license on new Mac but can't access my old Mac do disconnect license there. I get the following message after: "License is used on another MAC ... ", then I click "activate on this MAC". -> Message: "The process cannot be executed: the license Key is associated to another account. Please log in with that account and try again". But I don't have another account. Pls help, thanks

Attached Files:

11. Bhargava@Parallels

Hello, we have sent you a personal message. Please provide us with the Parallels Desktop license key so that we can check this further. Thanks.

12. GuentherG1

GuentherG1 Bit Poster

Good day and thanks for your feedback!
    I could not wait and decided to get refund for my old license extension, and since that was granted I
    Purchased a new license

So you can close this request.

Very best regards,

13. Bhargava@Parallels

Thank you. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

14. RazK

RazK

You can install your license on two computers, Mac or Windows, but those computers cannot run simultaneously.

15. NikitaA3

NikitaA3

Totally agree with author

16. shanums

shanums Bit Poster

I would like to use more than 4 CPU/8GB in Standard version as it was possible in all previous versions up to Parallel Desktop 10. Please vote if you like it too.

oztrev likes this.
  17. fatimaa2

fatimaa2 Bit Poster

Thank you for letting us know about this feature. It's a great idea to consider.