[Licensing] Use one license on several personal computers

Easy to use facility to switch license between computer systems

  • Yes, great. need one

    Votes: 176 95.1%
  • No

    Votes: 9 4.9%

  • Total voters
    185
Hello,
Thank you for contacting the Parallels Support Team.
For more investigation, kindly provide with the following information:

1. Detailed explanation of the issue you are having with.
2. Screenshot of the issue, if any.

We look forward to your reply at your convenience.

Have a nice week!

Thank you
Hi again
I am received This messages on the parallels desktop
 

Attachments

  • Ekran Resmi 2023-05-24 08.51.33.jpg
    Ekran Resmi 2023-05-24 08.51.33.jpg
    485.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Ekran Resmi 2023-05-24 08.51.52.jpg
    Ekran Resmi 2023-05-24 08.51.52.jpg
    440.2 KB · Views: 24
Using a single license on multiple personal computers is generally not permissible without proper authorization. Software licenses are typically issued for a specific number of installations or for individual use only. Violating licensing agreements can have legal consequences. It's important to review the terms and conditions of the software license and adhere to the guidelines provided by the software vendor.

Caleedo
 
Hi again
I am received This messages on the parallels desktop
Hello.
Thank you for reaching out to us.
You have logged in using the account ccwp*******@appliid.com which has no valid license key.
If you are trying to use the license key *****-B5H2GP, please note that is is registered under the account kem******@gmail.com.
You need to sign in Parallels Desktop using the kem******@gmail.com and activate Parallels desktop with the key.
Thanks
 
Just chiming in here. I'm in the same situation. I got a new m1 and upgraded. Now I'm stuck with having to buy 2 licenses for minimal usage of my windows 11. I don't use them simultaneously but I do like the convenience of using my laptop when mobile. But now I'm forced to look at alternatives.
Long time user/subscriber of Pro. Disenchanted by this license issue which Parallels refuses to listen to its's customers.
 
Like a lot of others, I use a Desktop and a laptop, occasionally both at the same time, but only for hobbyist stuff - i.e. not work or commercial gain. It would be useful if we could buy a non-commercial use license that would allow installation on, say, 2-5 devices at one cost. As has been pointed out, this is a license approach adopted by many. At the least, it would be beneficial to be able to buy additional licenses at discount. I'm not looking to go elsewhere because I have to buy 2 full licenses but given that it is one user I can't see that the support or admin overheads for subscription increases because of that.
 
I believe most software licenses typically allow for installation and use on multiple personal computers as long as they are owned and used by the same individual. However, it's essential to check the specific terms and conditions of the software license agreement to ensure compliance with their policies.
 
More than 5 years later, and Parallels still refuse to listen to customers. If I could use the (expensive) license on all my computers, I would purchase it. These hostile policies need to be changed.
 
Now I'm stuck with having to buy 2 licenses for minimal usage of my windows 11. I don't use them simultaneously but I do like the convenience of using my laptop when mobile. But now I'm forced to look at alternatives.
I don't think there is a worthy alternative, I tried different systems in my time - everything was missing something.
 
I agree that limiting subscribers to a single installation seems stingy compared to other desktop software that has introduced subscriptions. Here are some of the well know desktop applications that have moved to subscriptions over the past several years:
I think Parallels' subscriptions should at least match Adobe's terms and let users activate Parallels on two computers, as it seems to be the bare minimum that subscribers of desktop software are accustomed to.
 
Same here. It should be possible to activate the license at least on two different systems. All other companies do this that way. It's just odd to expect that one person should pay for two running subscriptions because he has a desktop and laptop computer.
 
I see the dollars in your eyes...
But you should also consider that you have competitors:
  • VM Ware Fusion has the same quality level as Parallels Desktop and allows multiple installations.
  • And Virtual Box is free (and shit)
I suppose that more people would by Parallels Desktop if you would become competitive in this point.
VMWare Fusion also has a free version for personal use. Not quite as polished as Parallels but good for a second machine.
 
I really like Parallels (better than Fusion), but the pricing model is a deal breaker. Paying $200/$240 per year for using it on two computers (home and office), I may just as well buy two PCs. I've been using VMWare Fusion for years, but switched to Parallels when upgrading to M2 Macs because Fusion wasn't ready. But now with version 13.5, Fusion finally works agan and is a way better deal. A $149/$199 one time fee for a commercial license, or FREE for personal use. I still would rather use Parallels though, because some small quirks with Fusion, but only if the price was no more than $50 per year per computer (or $100 for at least 2 licenses), which seems reasonable to me. Since I'm not the only one thinking this way, Parallels must be missing out on a lot of extra revenue with their current pricing model. An easy fix would be to keep the current pricing but extend the license to 2 or more computers, like most other software companies do.
 
Parallels, please fix this. Not enabling this is pure greed. Being too greedy is not sustainable, nor morally acceptable. I, for one, will jump ship if this wont happen.
 
recently I used one license on my PC to myself ready for GTA 6, The GTA 6 Trailer is going to be released in December
 
I can't believe this thread was created in 2017 and yet in 2023 this is sill an issue... In my case I need to do lower chrome version test in my office at weekdays and use windows version excel on saturdays, it'll be really handy if i can use them both, without having to repeatedly activate and deactivate.
 
I can't believe this thread was created in 2017 and yet in 2023 this is sill an issue... In my case I need to do lower chrome version test in my office at weekdays and use windows version excel on saturdays, it'll be really handy if i can use them both, without having to repeatedly activate and deactivate.

Yeah, it appears that they don't really care about keeping individual users. My guess is they are getting most of their money from large organizations. They may think that allowing the same Parallels license to be used on multiple machines would encourage users at some of these organizations to install copies of the software on other machines without purchasing an additional license. I'm glad I have read this forum because I have learned of more affordable alternatives to Parallels.
 
Back
Top