Maximum number of activations

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by SinclairC, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello IanL6. Please quit Parallels Desktop now, launch it again and re-attempt the activation.

2. JohnP35

JohnP35 Bit poster

Having damaged my old Macbook, I've just bought a new one and migrated all my programmes and files across to it, however I now cannot activate Parallels as I keep getting the message "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license."
    Can someone help, please?

3. Hemnath@Parallels

Hi JohnP35. Please quit Parallels Desktop on the new Mac now. Then, open Terminal (from the Finder menu, navigate to Go -> Utilities -> Terminal), execute the command <><> prlsrvctl activate-license-online <><> inside the Terminal window, wait till the operation completes, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.

4. JohnP35

JohnP35 Bit poster

Excellent! Many thanks for your help.

5. Hemnath@Parallels

Welcome! Please reach out again for any further queries.

6. ScottB24

ScottB24 Bit poster

I made the mistake of installing Parallels 9 on Mac OS High Sierra. It installed but I had complications after reboot and ended up restoring my laptop from an older backup. I'm now trying to install Parallels on a supported OS (10.6) but now it's saying that I've reached the maximum number of activation.

How do I reset my activations?

7. Hemnath@Parallels

Hi ScottB24. Please provide the license key in question.

8. ScottB24

ScottB24 Bit poster

HPEVXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-GZJQA

9. Hemnath@Parallels

Missing a digit in the last part. Please re-check and send again.

10. ScottB24

ScottB24 Bit poster

HPEVN8-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX

11. Hemnath@Parallels

Very good. Please quit Parallels Desktop now, launch it again and re-attempt the activation.

12. ScottB24

ScottB24 Bit poster

Great. Thank you. It's activated. Why can't I register my copy of Parallels on the website?

13. Hemnath@Parallels

If this is about your Parallels 9 license, then the issue is probably caused by your license registered with a different Parallels account (mb****y@gr********tribune.com).

14. ScottB24

ScottB24 Bit poster

How can I change this to my name? This was purchased on eBay. I can send pictures of the box, disk, and receipt. I am the new owner.

Thank you so much for your help.

Scott

15. ScottB24

ScottB24 Bit poster

mb****y@gr********tribune.com wishes to transfer this license to my account. What do we need to do?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2019
  16. Hemnath@Parallels

Kindly check our private message.

17. MatthewH7

MatthewH7 Bit poster

Hi,

I have a similar issue - I had purchased Parallels Desktop 11 sometime ago, and activated this on a macbook pro that I have now sold. Can you reset my Parallels 11 activation key so I can re-activate it again. I tried with my key for version 10, but had the same issue.

Matt

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  18. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

You can remove the email address from your post. We have reset the activation key.

19. prasannar

prasannar Bit poster

You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license.
    I have the same problem. as of now dont have any active installations for both my licenses. Please reset the counter.

Thanks
    PR

20. Done, please check.