Menubar icon to be black

Definitely! I agree with my previous speakers. Luckily I was able to remove the red lines from the dock, but your RED logo in the menu bar is so dramatic that I just had to hide it. Is that what this is about? User comfort at the expense of branding? Give your users a choice :) We pay for a great service, but we would also like to receive visual comfort. Why can developers of other applications do this and the Parallels team can't?

All the best! :)
 
*I would like to make a reservation that it was important to me because the removal of your branding from the icons in the dock finally allowed me to return to Parallels. This is awful. I know - strange, but for some it's very important.

The same applies to your other applications, such as Parallels Access. Give the possibility of choosing a monochrome variant. Please!
 
I managed to fix the icon on my computer. I won't share any of the files, but I will describe my process for those who are also bothered by the unnecessary use of color in the menu bar that only has monochromatic icons.

1. I used this app https://github.com/insidegui/AssetCatalogTinkerer to open the Assets.car file located in /Applications/Parallels Toolbox.app/Contents/Resources/. I extracted all the assets and edited the StatusBarIcon.png and StatusBarIcon@2x.png in Photoshop to remove the red bars.
2. I made a new Cocoa Application project in Xcode and added all the assets including the modified ones to the Assets.xcassets folder inside the project.
3. I compiled the application, extracted the Assets.car file and replaced the old Assets.car inside the Parallels Toolbox Resources folder.
4. After restarting the app I now have a clean menu bar once again.
bwtoolbox.png


All this really shouldn't be necessary and I definitively won't be paying for any Parallels products in the future unless they at least add the option to use monochromatic menu bar icons.

Hi MarcinS1,
I tried your method - and came quite far - but in the end the logo in the menu bar was blank white. Obviously I made some mistake underway. Could you send me your selfmade Assets.car-file? Thanks and best. Hagbard
 
I have disabled parallels toolbox because of this issue.
I have 16 items in my menu bar, Parallels toolbox is the only one that doesn't have a b&w option.
 
+1 Parallels is the only item in my menu bar that doesn't have a b&w option. I feel like if MarcinS1 was able to patch it pretty easily then surely it wouldn't cost a lot of development time to add an option for a B&W option.
 
It would be nice for the taskbar icon to match the new Big Sur Style in white. Also, the Parallels Toolbox Icon should match the new rounded square design.
 
First off, i've been a Parallels customer for 9 years, since Parallels Desktop 7.

This is an important change for some people, the feature request is 4 years old and has the most votes out of any of them; yet is being ignored by Parallels. Other publishers have no problem having their precious logo/icon displayed in black/white in the status bar, yet parallels refuse to consider this an issue. I've just turned the icon off, but am getting increasingly frustrated with paying £40 per year for this software (remembering that actual macOS updates are now free), when there are free virtualisation alternatives offering all the features I actually use.
 
+1
On Big Sur that's a Big Issue, even Docker has a black and white icon, please make it a least an opt out feature
 
Hello everyone,
Please meet the new Parallels Toolbox menu bar icon (also new application icon). I know it's been a while, and we really appreciate your patience while we worked internally to push for this change.

Yes, it gives me an enormous pleasure to mark this thread as "Completed".

Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 11.03.57 AM.png
And new application icon:
Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 11.06.45 AM.png
 
Back
Top