Parallels 6 on Mountain Lion - Supported?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DJRumpy, Jul 13, 2012.

1. DanielK74

DanielK74 Bit poster

I have version 6 (payed upgrade from 5) and now running Mountain Lion, How can I upgrade for free to version 8 for use in Mountain Lion?

2. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Hi ThomasBee / CanadianGuy -

Thanks for your comments in the past few days. With the release of Mountain Lion and Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac in close proximity, our development team placed the focus on updating Parallels Desktop 7 and building Parallels Desktop 8. With the changes in Mountain Lion, it was not feasible for a two year old version to also be updated (Parallels Desktop 6). Both Parallels and our retail partners did/do offer special promotions throughout the year. As we have stated, our Tech Guarantee 2012 is still in effect where if you purchase a copy of Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac from an authorized re-seller, you will still receive your upgrade to Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac by filing your request at www.parallels.com/techguarantee2012 prior to October 31, 2012. The Tech Guarantee was activated to ensure what many in this forum thread are discussing, the ability to upgrade from Parallels Desktop 6 to Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac, a double-upgrade which in essence is a double upgrade.

Chris

3. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Hi DanielK74,

You should still be able to purchase a version of Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac through our retail partners, such as Apple or Amazon, depending on your location. Once you have purchased a copy of Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac (upgrade version in your case), simply file for you key at www.parallels.com/techguarantee2012 prior to October 31, 2012.

Chris

4. JudsonC

JudsonC Bit poster

I wanted to comment that while it is difficult to have to continually upgrade the software, I completely understand. Your technicians, yourself, and other staff don't work for free and when Apple makes changes you have to "keep up." If anyone has problems with moving forward don't. If you want new fun stuff, expect to pay someone, Apple, Parallels, or otherwise for their efforts. It's not easy maintaining software and keeping it all working with the platform developers.

5. RobertoDmz

RobertoDmz Bit poster

Parallels *****!

I have Parallels 6 and now I can't use it with OSx Mountain Lion. Never buy a licence of PD again.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013