Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac: confirm license with a key from the previous version

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by VeronicaG, Nov 15, 2017.

1. JamesN6

JamesN6 Bit poster

Hi, I've a similar issue. I was informed to renew my license, which I did not do. Today I purchased (through my university) a new license for parallels 13 for MAC. If I initiate parallels I'm asked to renew my license and I'm directed to my parallel account on my MAC. There I can see, that one key is activated but I cannot start parallel.
    Please help!
    Thanks!
    James

2. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @JamesN6 , please click on the Parallels Icon (two red lines on the Mac menu bar), go to Accounts and license and select "Enter a key" and enter the license key for version 13 to activate your copy. Thanks

3. JamesN6

JamesN6 Bit poster

Thanks Alfena. But if I click on the icon, parallels starts and I'm asked to close or to renew. If I click on renew, I'm directed to my account on your home page. There I can see, that I've an activated license for parallels 13 but nothing happens. Please see attached screenshot.
    Thanks!
    J.

Attached Files:

4. PhilipL2

PhilipL2 Bit poster

The same here.
    I have Parallels Desktop Pro 12 on a dead MacBook Pro. How can I de-activate it so I can use it on my current MacBook Pro
    My subscription is active until October 2018

5. CarringtonW

CarringtonW Bit poster

I have the same problem. Please help.

6. PhannahY

PhannahY Bit poster

Hi, please someone help me ? :/ I've got the same problem, when I write my new serial for Parallels Desktop (I've got a 1 year subscription), it tells me my preview serial is not accepted :/ (Coz I have to write my preview serial). Please Help me coz I really need to use some software in Windows :/

7. OscarS3

OscarS3 Bit poster

Hey I'm Just Having the same issue, I had 12 version and I just bought an upgrade for 13 version but it said that same thing, maybe someone here can help me ?

Attached Files:

8. PhannahY

PhannahY Bit poster

I'm very angry because I tried to contact the support and nobody answer me. Even if I try to contact a Staff member on this forum, nobody answer me. I'm really surprised there's no support in French and no support by calling a Staff member. It's been 2 weeks I can't use Parallels Desktop and we really need this for our work...
    I also tried to send a mail but nobody answer me...

Please someone can help us ? OscarS3 and me please.

9. PhannahY

PhannahY Bit poster

Can someone please answer us ? (for OscarS3 and me)

Thank you

10. LightS

LightS Bit poster

i have the same problem.License for Mac Pro edition, has extended till 22 December 2019, but is not activated on MAC.
    Wants the previous key.

Thanks!

Julio

11. LightS

LightS Bit poster

Print pant

Attached Files:

12. josefa1

josefa1 Bit poster

Boa tarde,
    Eu sou a Josefa Manuel e pela primeira vez decidi fazer o uso do Parallels e apesar de ja ter a chave de ativação eu não consigo usa-ló,pois pede me a chave da versão anterior. Mas o fato é que eu não tenho acesso a mesma.
    Necessito de uma ajuda.

13. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello josefa1, We can see that you have purchased Parallels Desktop 13 upgrade key. An upgrade is only possible only when you have a previous version like Parallels Desktop 11 or 12. We can process a full refund for your upgrade purchase so that you can go ahead and purchase the full version and install it directly.

14. ScottM16

ScottM16 Bit poster

Hello,

The same has occurred to me. Parallels Support, may you please advise?

Best,

15. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @ScottM16 , are you prompted to enter the previous version key after renewal?

16. ScottM16

ScottM16 Bit poster

I am having the exact same problem as RaneezM. Please advise on what step to take to resolve the issue

17. Hi ScottM16. We have sent you an email with the instructions to activate Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac.

18. Ryan21

Ryan21 Bit poster

I just purchased an online version of parallels 13 upgrade for Mac and upon activation was asking me for a previous version key to complete activation. I was unaware I had to have a prior version key and fear I just wasted $60 for nothing. How can I get a refund or receive a previous key for activation??

19. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Ryan21. We've refunded your recent purchase. The money will return to your account within 5 - 7 business days. Please buy and use a full license now.

20. PhilipC4

PhilipC4 Bit poster

I'm having the same Problem with 2 Licenses that just got renewed