Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac: confirm license with a key from the previous version

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by VeronicaG, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Hi PhilipC4. We have received your request under the support ticket # 2515215 and sent you an e-mail under the same. Please check it and revert.

2. DanielS28

DanielS28 Bit poster

I have a similar problem - I had a subscription to the pro edition, but it expired at the end of June. Today I purchased an upgrade to Parallels Desktop 13, but when I try to activate the license (and after I give it the license key from the previous version) it tells me the key was not accepted by the license server. I'm stuck - cannot run windows and cannot seem to upgrade.

I had thought I could upgrade to the "permanent" desktop license from the Pro/subscription. Was I wrong about that?

Help would be appreciated. Your licensing policies are a bit confusing.

Dan

3. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Yes, you can only upgrade from a permanent license. From a permanent license, you can upgrade to permanent or subscription but not from a subscription. You can get a refund for the upgrade and purchase a full license.

4. Aster

Aster Bit poster

Hello, I have the same problem.
    I am using parallel 12. Started at a new company today, got the keys (old and new) and and give me the following error:
    The product key of a previous version of Parallels Desktop has been not accepted on the license server.
    I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

5. RachelG

RachelG Bit poster

Alguém poderia me enviar o serial key

6. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi RachelG. We do not find any recent purchases under your email address. Did you buy a copy recently?

7. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Aster. Please check our private message.

8. Carson1

Carson1 Bit poster

I sorry I seem to have the same issue...please help...it says I have an upgrade key and asks for the previous key

9. @Carson1, did you purchase Parallels Desktop before? I've checked our internal system and didn't find any info about your previous purchase.

10. Carson1

Carson1 Bit poster

No this is my first time Ma'am

11. Carson1

Carson1 Bit poster

Sadly, I'm in a bit of a rush. I just wanted to activate the program that I have before I leave the office and I wont have internet access at home.

12. So, yo need previous key of Parallels Desktop for the Upgrade activation or request a refund and then purchase a full version of Parallels Desktop.