"Parallels International GmbH" does not appear in Security & Privacy settings during v14 install

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by LewInVT, Oct 15, 2018.

1. LewInVT

LewInVT Bit poster

I recently purchased the OEM version of Parallels Desktop 14 along with a new MacBook Pro which is running macOS v10.14. I've done a clean install of all apps and data with no issue until my attempt to install Parallels. During the installation process there's a requirement to allow access to "Parallels International GmbH" in Security & Privacy settings. Unfortunately, "Parallels International GmbH" is not listed as an option anywhere in any of the categories listed in the Privacy tab.

I have done an extensive search and cannot locate such a file on my Mac in order to do a manual installation. I have also downloaded the trial version of Parallels, but experienced the same issue.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated...

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello LewInVT, Kindly follow the instructions from this link and check if it helps.

3. LewInVT

LewInVT Bit poster

Thank you for the link. I have Parallels up and running now...

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @LewInVT, you're welcome! Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help! Thanks!

5. WilmerS

WilmerS Bit poster

I'm still unable to see the "allow" button even after following the steps described in the link that was shared.

6. Could you please provide us with the screenshot of the no "allow" button window?

7. WilmerS

WilmerS Bit poster

Screenshot

Attached Files:

8. Thank you for your reply and please sorry for the delay in response.
    Are you using the macOS Catalina? Did you get the "System Extension Blocked" window? Could you please provide us with the screenshot of the warning window, that you've got.

9. PieterjanC

PieterjanC Bit poster

I have the same problem; I bought Parrellels; (Version 15.1.4 (47270)). When starting it keeps telling me I need to change the Security preferences; yet the location where you would usually see the `allow` button is empty; (restart does not help)

10. Hello, could you please provide us with the information above? Thanks in advance.

11. delphinus

delphinus Bit poster

crazycatgirlie likes this.
  12. Hi delphinus. Nice to know that you were able to sort out the issue and thanks for sharing the information here. Please get back to us if you have any further queries.

13. BrandonT7

BrandonT7 Bit poster

@delphinus work around is hardly a way to solve this correctly. I'm running in to this same issue on a users Mac, which has been working fine for quite some time. I'm wondering if this is due to a recent update to 10.15.5. Parallels version is 15.1.4

ChadB3 likes this.
  14. ChadB3

ChadB3 Bit poster

I have also run into the same issue and agree with Brandon the above provided solution is hardly the way to go. Please help with this issue in a fashion that is easy to follow.

15. MikkoH1

MikkoH1 Bit poster

I have the same issue now that I updated my Parallels to 15.1.2 (Catalina 10.15.5)
    Parallels asks me to allow from security and privacy. But there's nothing to allow so can't run Parallels at all.
    I agree that doing it via recovery mode is not a proper solution so I would rather have an official fix for it!
    Please prioritize this as this bug makes Parallels desktop UNUSABLE!

16. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

You can refer to this article to know the cause of this issue. For now, going to the recovery and add kext is the best resolution.

17. TanT2

TanT2 Bit poster

I had the issue with PD wanting me to hit Allow in the Security control panel. In my case, I had Little Snitch turned on and probably had it blocking an essential service. Once I turned off Little Snitch it started right up without me needing to hit Allow.

18. Hello, did you provide a full access to the Parallels Desktop app?

19. TanT2

TanT2 Bit poster

Little Snitch didn't ask me at all so I didn't need to, but I had given full access before the upgrade to version 16.

20. Thanks a lot. Could you provide us with the screenshot of the "Allow" message and the tech report generated right after the issue reoccurs.