Parrot OS Linux - ease installation in the Parallels Desktop

More apple m1 Linux OS support on Parallel desktop ?


  • Total voters
    2

YashO

Junior Member
Hi Team,
Since evolution of arch64 laptop/desktop machine came in the form of apple M1 chips.
We need more and more Linux OS to be working on apple M1 chips. For example : I want to run Parrot OS Linux on m1 but couldn't run on parallel as distribution only released .utm format. Would be better if you do any of the below option :
1. Tool to convert .utm to Parallel desktop vm.
2. Bring Parrot os m1 Support on Parallel desktop vm
 
I second this request but for Apple Intel chips. I find it unusual Parallels doesn't support WiFi on Linux guest (ParrotOS).
VirtualBox is s work around but far from ideal switching between platforms :(
I have a licensed Parallels instance purely because Microsoft tools work better on windows and that's the bottom line.
I want to use it Parallels for Linux but need WiFi support and its faster than VirtualBox so it's a painful problem.
Parallels Desktop for Mac, Version 1.9.0 (23860)
Guest: Linux ParrotOS
 
Hopefully, this is moving up the list of issues being addressed. Frustrated that I had to load UTM as I expect parallels to be a premium product. Would really like to hear from Parallels as to the status of this issue.
 
This is really supremely upsetting. I do not understand why or how it could be so hard to get help from Parallels for such a thing that would improve their product at least one to two orders of magnitude.
 
Back
Top