Rosetta on Ubuntu with x86_64 emulation stopped to work

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by ManuelR10, Oct 10, 2023.

1. ManuelR10

ManuelR10 Bit poster

Hi, I was able to have my Ubuntu ARM version happily running x86_64 binaries using rosetta (the one downloaded directly from parallels), but suddenly it stopped to work. Now I am getting this error every time I tried to run same binary that was working before:
    rosetta error: futex(FUTEX_LOCK_PI_PRIVATE) failure: 35
    Any idea of what can cause this? Thanks in advance.

2. ManuelR10

ManuelR10 Bit poster

Any idea on this? it keeps happening to me constantly. Thanks.

3. ManuelR10

ManuelR10 Bit poster

Answering to my own question, I found the problem and the way to solve it. It was just a process that got stuck during boot using rosetta, so it was not allowing me to use rosetta for any other binary. This is the process getting stuck on my computer:
    root 1492 1 0 16:19 ? 00:00:00 /media/psf/RosettaLinux/rosettad daemon /var/cache/prlrosettad
    By just killing that process I am able again to use rosetta on any other binary. I still do not know what is that process trying to do and why is not getting completed.

4. carlossura

carlossura Bit poster

I just came across your answer and it looks like it works, but I don't want to keep doing this every time I power on the virtual machine. Is there any solution from Parallels to this? Is anyone else who can follow up here?

Thanks.