SQL Server Update to Install on Windows for Arm

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Apple Silicon (M1) Mac' started by Mundford, May 13, 2021.

Tags:
  1. WillC5

WillC5 Bit Poster

hi, how did u do it. i believe i ran into the same issue like you. setting up autocount on parallels.

2. LucaR7

LucaR7 Bit Poster

Following this thread every day as I would love to buy a new Mac Studio, but am currently using SQL Server 2017 + Visual Studio 2019 and will wait until it'll be possible to run them on an M1.
    BTW: any news if SQL Server 2022 will be arm-compatible or not?

3. AliP3

AliP3 Bit Poster

SQL Server 2022 is not going to support ARM64, based on what I asked from Microsoft SQL Server 2022 guys.

4. LucaR7

LucaR7 Bit Poster

Thanks, this is not good news unfortunately. As a VS2019 .net 4.7 + Sql Server 2019 developer, I was really looking forward to upgrading my current iMac 27" 2016, but it looks like a long way to go atm.

5. JESUSC5

JESUSC5 Bit Poster

Amigo aun tienes el archivo que me puedas ayudar enviando, mediante wetransfer?

6. UdityanshuG

UdityanshuG Bit Poster

Hello, I am trying to setup SQL Server 2019 Setup on
    OS - Windows11_InsiderPreview_Client_ARM64_en-us_22579
    From the links mentioned in the threads, I have tried downloading every Cumulative Update Package (10, 12, 14, 15) for SQL Server 2019, but none of them work.
    [​IMG]

7. GampaA@Parallels

GampaA@Parallels Staff Member

Hello MarcosW, Please refer to the knowledge base https://kb.parallels.com/9058 article to generate a technical report Id. Thanks.

8. carlosa24

carlosa24 Bit Poster

Thanks for that, with 2014 32-bit works for me.

9. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

10. MarcosH2

MarcosH2

11. JohannesH7

JohannesH7 Bit Poster

The non-existent support from Parallels. I expect active help until the problem is solved. This is what I pay for. But nothing happens. I have cancelled my subscription and all other customers should do the same. Parallels Desktop has become useless to me on the M1.

12. LeslieJ

LeslieJ Bit Poster

I'm also in this situation but I realise that this is no fault of Parallels! You should turn your anger towards Microsoft for not supporting this newer version of SQL-server on Windows for ARM. Unfortunately it's futile to complain to MS and the only thing we can do is wait. I myself are looking for an Intel Mac to solve the problem temporarily.

13. ThomasL39

ThomasL39 Bit Poster

Mirror above posters with similar significant issue.

14. StephenW14

StephenW14 Bit Poster

I think I would be ok with Sql Server LocalDB working correctly for development. I seem to be able to connect to localdb from within SSMS and also Visual Studio server explorer, but EF Core Migrations can't seem to find the server when running update-database. Anyone else encounter this?