Steam games not working

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Apple Silicon (M1) Mac' started by RyanM37, Oct 13, 2022.

1. RyanM37

RyanM37 Bit Poster

Hi Everyone

Have downloaded Parallels 18 and have installed steam, some games run but have black icons over alot of things in game and I cannit see things properly, also Call Of Duty WW2 wont launch, the green play button is clicked but it just says running and then reverts back to the green play button in steam again.

Ive check and it says directx 12 is installed, any tips please as im lead to belive steam games should work fine in this parallels edition?

2. DanielK46

DanielK46 Bit Poster

I am having the same problem with call of duty. I never used parallels before so I thought it was maybe me. But since its the same game and the same problem, I'm thinking its parallels.

3. MichaelH63

MichaelH63 Kilo Poster

DirectX12 games don't work with Parallels. In another thread someone explained the technical reasons. If I remember correctly, it had something to do with Apple's Metal.

4. BenjaminD8

BenjaminD8

Has there been a fix for this? I'm on a M1 Max MacBook Pro with 64GB of RAM. I've never used Parallels before but I'm trying to play the new Call of Duty and I'm getting the same issue. I click Play and then it sits for a second. Then it shows me the Play button again as if I never clicked it.