Windows will not pop to the front or top on a mouse click in Parallels Desktop 7

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by CristianL, Jul 26, 2012.

1. TylerD

TylerD Bit poster

Parallels = a total joke

I've had enough with this. We still do not have a fix for this, we have not heard from anyone at Parallels for over a month, and we keep getting the run around. I plan on writing the Better Business Bureau to report to complain about this customer service and the complete lack of support that we have received. It is completely unacceptable to be treated this way.

2. ekimneems

ekimneems Junior Member

I agree. I'm going to switch back to VMware Fusion. Such a pity.

3. YanaYana

YanaYana

Guys, please, can anyone else better send the Problem report and post the id here - it would be very helpful for fixing!

4. johnnyn

johnnyn Bit poster

Disappointing, disappointing, totally disappointing. It has been 3 months after Mountain Lion and 1 month after upgrading to Parallels Desktop 8. There are a ton of issues on Coherence mode on dual monitors and they are still not fixed, make it absolutely useless in Coherence mode. I have submitted two problem reports but still can't see any new release. What the fucking stupid product! Can't wait anymore. I'll probably buy VMWare Fusion instead. If Parallels Desktop 8 upgrade fee can be refunded, I would appreciate it!

5. ekimneems

ekimneems Junior Member

Is another problem report really necessary? This issue has been documented over and over in this thread, and it's not exactly hard to reproduce. Coherence simply does not work at all with Mountain Lion and spaces. It doesn't switch spaces automatically (you have to go into Mission Control most of the time), cursor flickers with Crystal Mode on, it's not remembering which space I specify for a full screen window, it doesn't switch to individual apps when I click on them in the dock, etc etc. The list goes on and on.

6. AntoniusJ

AntoniusJ Bit poster

Moutain Lion + PD8 on MBA 2011
    Problem: dual dispay mixup
    I can report 2 problems:
    1) In coherence mode and have VM-WIN7 as its own space. When in the MAC space connect a video projector, the MBA display will show the MAC space and the projector will show the 2nd display screen of the VM-WIN7 (no toolbars, icons, etc.). The work-around to get to see the 2nd MAC space is to close the VM-WIN7 space (top right corner arrows icon). The space will reduce to a window on the MAC space. The video projector will now show the 2nd MAC display image.
    Then click the top right corner arrows icon of the window to make the VM-WIN7 a space again. Now when switching back and forth between the MAC space and the VM-WIN7 space the video projector will properly display the appropriate 2nd display.
    2) The same setup as before but you connect the video projector while in the VM-WIN7 space. Resolution of the MBA dispaly is screwed up, the video projector show a black screen. The work around is as above by connecting the video projector while in MAC space and 'minimizing' and 'maximizing' the VM-WIN7 space.

Needless to say when you have to do this 2 - 3 a day in front of a customer it looks unprofessional and affects our overall presentation and performance of the company.

Let me know if you need more information. It should be really easy to duplicate.

7. jrobcet

jrobcet Junior Member

Is that directed at us? If so, I'm not sure what further problem report you need other than the one that was created on July 30: http://kb.parallels.com/en/114472

8. kohansey

kohansey Bit poster

Problem Report ID

I have just submitted a problem report. The ID for the report is 19184594. I encourage others to do the same, if nothing else, just so they can see how deep this problem goes. If we get enough of these reports filling the bug list, we might be able to see a solution.

9. GrammaTonic

GrammaTonic Bit poster

I made report to: 19163443.

This is very frustrating. Please fix it fast.

10. AlainH

AlainH Junior Member

Problem Report ID

I have posted a problem report - the report ID number is 19195345

11. jrobcet

jrobcet Junior Member

Report ID: 19203034

12. AlainH

AlainH Junior Member

Any news on this yet?

13. Russell Sharpe

Russell Sharpe Junior Member

This issue was reported during the beta months ago and yet it still does not seem to be addressed. Please can you provide a proper update as to whats happening as many many people are getting/got very frustrated and some are even switching to VM as mentioned.

Come on parallels, treat your customers with the respect they deserve and keep them updated (or better still fix it :) )

14. jrobcet

jrobcet Junior Member

Exactly. I can't speak for others, but I've not even had so much as an acknowledgement since submitting the problem report.

I've used Parallels since the first version that came out shortly after Apple shifted to Intel processors in the Macs.

The introduction of Coherence was great, and has been a part of my workflow ever since. For it to be broken, with the only acknowledgment being a workaround to minimize and maximize windows was fine for a short time. For it to continue past 3 months is unacceptable.

I've submitted my purchase request for a Vmware license from my employer. It's hard enough to get customers. To get them back after you've lost them is much, much harder.

Such a disappointment, but I need to get my work done without show-stopping bugs.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  15. BrianNydish

BrianNydish Member

Ditto,...leaving Parallels to Fusion. Such a shame.

16. Danlor

Danlor Bit poster

I just installed the latest build, 8.0.18314, and so far so good. I have been in windows 7 for 30 minutes now and windows are acting appropriately. I'm not ready to give an all clear.. but things definitely look improved.

17. AlainH

AlainH Junior Member

Worst Support Ever

I've been extremely patient in my dealings with Parallels Product Support on this issue: I've filed multiple problem reports, followed every suggestion, tested every workaround, responded to every e-mail, and uninstalled and re-installed PD7 several times. None of this has made the slightest difference whatsoever to the problem, which persists now exactly as it does several months ago.

Despite the complete lack of a solution, Product Support insists on closing the support ticket at every opportunity. Since the issue has not been resolved, I keep re-opening the ticket (as I am entitled to do, according to Parallel's official support policy).

Today, I received this little gem (note the bolded text):

WTF?!

The support ticket can be closed when the issue is resolved! Until then, I intend to keep pestering Support and I'd suggest that anyone else experiencing this issue do the same.

18. Dave01

Dave01 Bit poster

Hi,

Same problem here, this is very frustrating ;-( anyone did resolve the problem?. Im swithing fusion if there is no solution.

19. Danlor

Danlor Bit poster

Solution

As I mentioned above, downloading and installing the latest build solves the problem. I have been using Parallels in coherence since then without issue. I'm very very happy to be back off of Citrix. I had no idea how dependent I was on Parallels in my daily routines.

20. Dave01

Dave01 Bit poster

Thanks Danlor, i have parallels 7, but i´ll try and come back to tell if this solved my the issue.