"Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gamesurgeon, May 14, 2014.

1. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made necessary changes, try to activate it now.

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made necessary changes, try to activate again.

3. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Glad to hear that! Feel free to reach us anytime.

5. JanC1

JanC1 Bit poster

Hello, I too am having a problem transferring activation from a former mac (running Sierra) to a new one. I signed out as instructed on the old mac and then turned that machine off. I then tried to activate on the new mac with the key and it says that I've exceed the number of macs allowed. I think I need to have someone reset the "counter" to zero, so I can activate on this mac. To do that, you need my key. How can I get that to you in private? Thanks . Jan

6. JustinC4

JustinC4 Bit poster

Hello, having same issue. migrated to new macbook pro and logged out of Parallels on old but still unable to activate on new mac? Only want the once licence running on new mac. Please advise?

7. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please try to activate after launching Parallels Desktop again.

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please try activating Parallels Desktop again.

9. infocompart-multimedia.it

infocompart-multimedia.it Bit poster

Same problem here, my old Mac Pro with Parallels Desktop 11 died and when switched to the new one it said: "activate on this Mac" but then the authentication failed!

10. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Please try activating Parallels Desktop 11 now it should work.
    Keep us posted the result.

11. infocompart-multimedia.it

infocompart-multimedia.it Bit poster

Thanks it works now

12. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Welcome! Please feel free to reach us anytime for support.

13. EddieW1

EddieW1 Bit poster

I too am having the same problem trying to install parallels to my new MAC PRO. Please assist.

14. RickB2

RickB2 Bit poster

I am having the same problem upgraded to a new computer and cannot activate....

15. Hi, we've reset your key, please also check this KB for more info.

16. Hi, we've change your key settings, please check.

17. RickB2

RickB2 Bit poster

Hi, i deleted the application from my old computer and when I enter the key on my new computer the button to activate is highlighted but when i click on it, I see a message:
    "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license."

18. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, we have changed your key settings, please try to activate with the same activation key and If the issue persists, please open Terminal end execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online and let us know how it works. Thanks!

19. RickB2

RickB2 Bit poster

It Worked...had to execute the terminal command. Thank you

20. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Glad your issue has been resolved successfully. Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help!