"Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gamesurgeon, May 14, 2014.

1. Hi, we have made few changes to your Parallels Desktop 10 activation key.
    Please activate Parallels Desktop 10 and let us know how it works.

2. FilippoB1

FilippoB1 Bit poster

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I still get the same error.

3. Please try the steps below:
    1. Please open Terminal (Finder > Applications > Utilities > Terminal) end execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online
    2. Copy the following command in the Terminal and hit Enter : sudo rm -rf /Library/Preferences/Parallels/licenses.xml
    Then try the steps below again:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop for Mac.
    2. Restart your Mac.
    3. Start Parallels Desktop for Mac and go to Parallels Desktop> Activate Product in the Mac menu.
    Please let me know how it works.

4. FilippoB1

FilippoB1 Bit poster

Thank you, it worked :)

5. You're very welcome.Feel free to write us back for assistance, we are here to help.

6. mikeojohnson

mikeojohnson Bit poster

I'm having the same problem.
    mike

7. Hi Mikeojohnson, please try to activate Parallels Desktop 10 and let us know how it works.

8. ThierryB1

ThierryB1 Bit poster

Hello, can someone from Parallels Support, help me, please ?
    Thank you
    Regards

9. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello @ThierryB1
    Hi, we have made few changes to your Parallels Desktop 11 activation key. Please activate Parallels Desktop 11 and let us know how it works.

10. ThierryB1

ThierryB1 Bit poster

Hi, it is OK now, thank you very much for your help.
    Regards

11. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

You are very welcome! Feel free to reach us for further assistance,we're here to help you.

12. corybory

corybory Bit poster

Hi, I just got a new macbook Pro and Im getting the error message that I have reached the maximum number of activations for parallels 11 and telling me to buy it again. Help Please! This is incredibly frustrating and making me think of switching me and my company to another companies product.

13. WalterL1

WalterL1 Bit poster

Two weeks ago my Macbook Pro went in to Apple for servicing. It came back with a new Logic Controller (under warranty). When I fired up Parallels it informed me that I had I had transferred my "Permanent Key" to a new computer. Huh. Before the day was out I discovered that the new logic board wouldn't read the Thunderbolt ports. Back to Apple for ... another new logic board. This thankfully was capable of talking to the Thunderbolt ports. Unfortunately, when I go to "transfer" Parallels to the new logic board in the restored MBP, it says I'm out of activations. Since when does Permanent mean "2"? I can supply copies of the Apple Store Service Confirmation(s), but not to a public forum.

14. MarkH17

MarkH17 Bit poster

Got a license for Parallels desktop 9 that I haven't used for years and now need to use on a new computer, but am getting the maximum number of activations error when I try to activate it. Any chance I can get the activation count reset?

15. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Please try activating Parallels Desktop 9 & see how it works.

16. MattB3

MattB3 Bit poster

Hi,
    I'm getting the same when using parallels 10 on a new machine. would REALLY appreciate a way to handle this through the "my account" page so we can take care of it ourselves!

17. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

18. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made necessary changes, try to activate again.

19. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made necessary changes, try to activate again.

20. MattB3

MattB3 Bit poster

Thanks, the terminal command did the trick!