"Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gamesurgeon, May 14, 2014.

1. GuyK

GuyK Bit poster

I've installed a new Logic Board and now my parallels would not activate... Says my key has been activated so many times!

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi Aaron5,

We have made the changes, try to activate again.

Thanks,
    Ajith M.

3. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made the changes, try to activate again.

Thanks,
    Ajith M.

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made the changes, try to activate again. If you are still unable to activate, please open Terminal from your Mac and execute this command:
    prlsrvctl activate-license-online

Thanks,
    Ajith M.

5. ChrisV4

ChrisV4 Bit poster

Hello,

I have a similar issue as this, but with Parallels Desktop 11 on my Mac. After dealing with hardware issues and rebuilding my Macbook Air a few times, I broke down and ended up buying a new Macbook Pro last week, only to have Parallels refuse to activate. While I know my license is valid on 5 items, I actually only need it activated on a single device, (but I cannot even activate that). Shouldn't applying the activation code on this system AUTOMATICALLY deactivate the other devices (per the alert when I try to activate?)

Thanks,

-Chris V.

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hello ChrisV4,

As per our licensing policy, one license can be activated on a single Mac. We have made the changes, try to activate again.

Thanks,
    Ajith M.

7. FlorianC1

FlorianC1 Bit poster

Hello,
    same problem here, I have changed my logic board and the maximum activation has reached. Can you reset my activation numbers, please.
    Thanks for support!
    Florian

8. EchoS

EchoS Bit poster

Hello support team, I have downloaded the parallel for mac trial version august 24th and was unable to use the trial 14 days because I was called away until now (Sept 18th). Since I wasn't really able to try the software to really know if it was what I needed. i downloaded and installed another trial period but I can't open it. How can I start another trial?

9. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made the changes. Try to activate Parallels Desktop again.

10. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We don't have an option of extending trial or activating another trial on same Mac. If you wish to try you can buy a full version from our website and use it, you can apply for refund within 30 days from the date of purchase.

11. DirkD3

DirkD3 Bit poster

Dear Support,
    I had the mainboard of my activated machine replaced and parallels needs to be activated again. Please reset the existing machine activation.
    Dirk

12. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi DirkD3,
    Confirm the version you are trying to reactivate.

13. DirkD2

DirkD2 Bit poster

The lice

14. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hello DirkD2,
    We have deleted your previous post as you have posted the license in public and also made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

15. iciconnect

iciconnect Member

Hello, my previous Mac Died :( do to the bad logic Board. I have a backup I made with TimeMachine of the entire system. I'm now up and running on my replacement Mac Pro. I tried to use Parallels it request me to purchase Parallels again since it says: You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key. Is there any way I could still use the same key on my replacement Mac Pro? I haven't been able to use Parallels in several months since my Mac died. Today I replaced it with this 2009 Mac Pro. This will be the only system with Parallels installed. This is the only Mac I own.

16. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hello Bruce_Hooper,
    We have made the changes. Try to activate Parallels Desktop again and check.

iciconnect likes this.
  17. iciconnect

iciconnect Member

Thank you!!:)

18. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

19. KatieG

KatieG Bit poster

Hello,
    My MacBook Air was stolen and has since been replaced. I'm unable to use my activation key to activate Parallels 12 on my new computer (and I have no way of deactivating Parallels on the stolen computer). Can you please assist?
    Thanks,
    Katie

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  20. Hello KatieG,
    Please check your private message and reply back to us.