"Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gamesurgeon, May 14, 2014.

1. Hello danteC,
    In order to move the Parallels Desktop software from one computer to another, you should first uninstall Parallels Desktop from your old Mac, then install it on the new one. please refer this article.

2. DanteC

DanteC Bit poster

Didn't realize that there was an uninstall method that keeps your license key intact. Any way I can release those locked logins/keys?

3. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Yes, you can release those locked keys. Feel free to reach us if you have any questions.

4. Rafael1

Rafael1 Bit poster

Hello! I'm trying out new macs, and got the same problem:
    Wiped previous one, and now have the 'activation limit' on another one.
    Can you please reset it?

I can't find a pm button to message the support guys, so putting it into the public. (how to do that?)

5. Hello rafael1,
    I would be glad to help you. I have sent you a private message requesting for information please check and reply.

6. M7D

M7D Bit poster

I too have the same situation, Parallels support, can you please do the same for me? I had to ship my Mac off to Apple for repair and when it came back I restored my drive from a backup and now it complains that I've used all my (1) activations. I am just using the same computer. Anyway, can you please release my activation so that I can use it again on my one computer. Thanks in advance.

7. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hi M7D, please check your private message.

8. Hello,
    I have the exact same problem. :mad:

9. Hi Negc912,
    Please check your private message and reply back to us.

10. KurtM

KurtM Bit poster

Yeah, this is ridiculous. I'm sure I had parallels on my desktop and laptop before and it worked just fine. But now, it doesn't work on anything. I emailed customer support and they gave me a useless reply telling me to uninstall from my other macs. I've uninstalled from my other macs. used pdremove. tried the deactivate license command with prlsvctl, rebooted a bunch of times. nothing works. This thing is just for personal use and I've already upgraded from 8 to 10 for compatibility. When copy protection makes it so paying customers can't use the software they purchased, it's just poor form.

11. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi KurtM,

Confirm us in how many Mac's you have Parallels Desktop 10 installed ?

Thanks,
    Ajith M.

12. KurtM

KurtM Bit poster

just one and it won't activate.

13. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi KurtM,

We have made necessary changes, try to activate Parallels Desktop again.

Thanks,
    Ajith M.

14. KurtM

KurtM Bit poster

Thank you. it worked.

15. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi KurtM,

Feel free to reach anytime for support.

Thanks,
    Ajith M.

16. DavidA8

DavidA8 Bit poster

Thirty-one pages. Thirty-one pages and counting of paying customers having licensing issues.

I'm over Parallels. It's sad, really. Parallels, by far, runs faster than other VM providers, especially on the GPU side; but I can no longer consciously give money to such a shady company. All this, from having to email support to resolve our licensing issues, to forums support responding with PMs rather than public help, to allegedly combat piracy, when Adobe includes a simple, "Deactivate All" button?

No. Parallels 11.0 is where I stop. I feel sorry for your engineers, Parallels. They are clearly talented people working in handcuffs.

17. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi DavidA8,

We will share your feedback to the concerned team.

Thanks,
    Ajith M.

18. EnricoC1

EnricoC1 Bit poster

Hello,
    I have a problem with parallel v 10: after the motherboard substitution, the Parallel license is not longer valid.
    How can i do?
    Thanks in Advance,
    Enrico.

19. Aaron5

Aaron5 Bit poster

I've done everything as described to transfer my single license to a new machine but no matter what I get the Activation has reached its limit, dialogue. Is there any help I can get on this problem as well?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  20. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Please check your private message and reply us with license key.