"Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gamesurgeon, May 14, 2014.

1. Andrew_Barker

Andrew_Barker Bit poster

Please can someone assist with this activation issue for me too please. I have bought a new MBP and wish to switch my activation over from old to new. Cannot find an option to do this.....
    Thanks,
    Andrew

2. Mervin@Parallels

Mervin@Parallels Guest

Hello Richard_Halvorson,
    Please provide us your Ticket number, we will check it and respond you via Ticket very soon.
    Awaiting for your reply.

3. Mervin@Parallels

Mervin@Parallels Guest

4. Mervin@Parallels

Mervin@Parallels Guest

Hello Andrew,
    We found your Ticket and responded you through it. Your Parallels Desktop 10 activation key has been reset. You will be able to activate it now.
    Let us know if you have any questions.

5. KEVIN_WEN

KEVIN_WEN Bit poster

I think most of Parallel users has this problem... I have two computers for personal use but now one Mac can't use Parallel after reformatting... It is a common question why reply it with private message.. In fact, this is the reason I don't want to move to Parallel 10. Would you tell me what should I do to bring up Parallel again? Best regards, Kevin

6. Evgeny_Zimin

Evgeny_Zimin Bit poster

Hello guys,

Unfortunately I have the same issue with my key. I've got the window on my new Mac Pro - Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit...

What should I do next to reset the Activation Key?

7. 석우_이

석우_이 Bit poster

Hello,

I'm using parallels 9 and my macbook pro was out of order.

The motherboard was changed in the AS center and I cannot use the parallels in the same computer because of the activation limit.

How can I reset the key of the OLD motherboard?

8. Jimmi_Hilkøb

Jimmi_Hilkøb Bit poster

Hello
    I have as above mentioned, also switched my motherboard, but I have the same computer. How can I reset my activation key so I can use my parallels again on my macbook pro?

9. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi,
    Looks like your activation keys have already been reset.
    Let us know if you still face any issues.

10. 석우_이

석우_이 Bit poster

Hi,

Was it reset? When?

I had waited your reply but I had to buy parallels 10 yesterday, because I really had to use parallels ASAP.

What a waist...........

11. Gerry_Percy

Gerry_Percy Bit poster

Hello. I recently upgraded to Parallels 10 for Mac, and installed the upgrade on my 3 computers. However, I just upgraded my desktop computer at home to the iMac Retina, and tried to install Parallels 10 for Mac. But I received the message "Your product activation key reached its activation limit..."

Is there a way for me to deactivate the installation on my old desktop Mac before selling it, and free up the third activation key for the new iMac Retina?

Thanks!

12. 석우_이

석우_이 Bit poster

I had to buy the Parallels 10 because of the activation limit of parallels 9.
    But the parallels 10 was rebooted unexpectedly in 3 times and was freeze in 2 time within 2 days.
    I cannot use the parallels 10.
    How can I get the refund and downgrade to parallel 9?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  13. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Gerry,

Please check your private messages.

14. Abdul@Parallels

Hi,

Please check your private messages.

15. Anton_Poleshchuk

Anton_Poleshchuk Bit poster

The same problem, couldn't activate parallels when migrate from old to new macbook.

16. Abdul@Parallels

Hi Anton,

We have sent a Private Message for you, please check and reply us.

17. dughutch

dughutch Bit poster

Same issue here on new MBP. Ticket submitted.

18. Parallels_User12345

Parallels_User12345 Bit poster

Activation Key Reached its Activation Limit

I would like to buy PD10 but 9 haunts me with, (Activation Key Reached its Activation Limit)
    I have 2 seats of PD9 one for my wife one for me we both have laptops and desktops
    she's fine

I have Parallels installed on external 840 pro SSD with Yosemite "very fast", when I boot it from laptop i get (Activation Key Reached its Activation Limit) am also afraid to do a clean install for fear of getting this error! and losing my seat.

I do a lot of clean installs for testing and development
    Help
    Is there a way to deactivate?
    I only use one seat at a time
    I've read VMware doesn't have this limit to use the "ONE SEAT I paid for! " when and where I want

Please reset my Activation Limit
    (I read somewhere each user (seat) is allowed 2 activations and that can only be reset on parallels servers, mine must have been used up in clean installs)

or teach me how to deactivate, not uninstall,
    that won't help if you have already done a clean install or
    simply moving external SSD install to mac in different room (pointless)
    I have paid for 2 seats
    I have one rented house, 2 Parallels seats, 5 macs's, 1 wife 1 child and countless external drives
    buying more seats than I have people just isn't Right
    want to upgrade!
    and will Pay Parallels every year, if i can get this seat vs activation vs person thing sorted out
    1 active seat one person
    Let me deactivate, reactivate, I cant use 2 mac's or 10 mac's at the same time
    1 active seat one person
    otherwise I cant recommend Parallels or continue to pay
    need freedom of movement and clean install!
    I Like Parallels!
    I don't want to switch to VMware
    Please Help

19. massimo_maestroni

massimo_maestroni Bit poster

same problem here, new imac and I can't activate my parallels desktop 10...... for the same reasons, limit of activations reached.........
    what can I do?
    thanks.
    massimo.

20. Lajos_Lanyi

Lajos_Lanyi Bit poster

Same problem here, with my new macbookpro, because the activation limit has reached. I've written for support but I'm not sure in my success, but I hope... :)