"Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gamesurgeon, May 14, 2014.

1. Nelsonfa

Nelsonfa Bit poster

Hello,
    I've the same problem : i have reach my activation limitation when i want to reinstall on my repaired macbook pro. I've desinstalled it from another machine.
    Please, it's important for me to install quickly parallels 9.

2. MasterLich

MasterLich Junior Member

Hi!
    I've received the private message on the 15th, replied to it right away and still no news. If you need PD ASAP it might be best for you to request a trial key and use it in the meanwhile.

3. Nelsonfa

Nelsonfa Bit poster

Thanks for the tip !

4. agarcia

agarcia Bit poster

This may help

To de-activate a license, type this in on the computer being de-activated:

prlsrvctl deactivate-license

Obviously this won't work if you no longer have the computer in question. I think if you don't have the original computer you'll need to contact Parallels support for them to de-activate the license so that you can re-activate it on another computer.

5. Nelsonfa

Nelsonfa Bit poster

agarcia,
    Thanks for helping. I tried this line but it doesn't work.
    I get this message :
    "Failed to deactivate the license: Unable to deactivate the product. Your type of license cannot be deactivated."

Thanks

6. rmattern

rmattern Member

10.0.1 (27695),latest PD build, still the same activation problem. What a mess !!!!

7. rmattern

rmattern Member

Txs, I installed the Fusion Tech Preview and converted all my PD machines. !!!

8. ivahost

ivahost Member

Parallels team. If you are going to be so draconian to count low numbers of licence activations like you are now atleast have the smarts like other companies doing the same to include a deactivate function. Don't mistreat your paying customer like this. If I want to pirate you sw I would start looking at places like macserialz and or pirate bay for cracked versions.

I have actually bought 3 licenses for parallels but if this becomes a problem for me again Its time to reinstall my fusion license. Then its one customer with 3 upgrades on a yearly basis gone in actual losses in opposition to a persived loss from someone who most likely would not have paid you a cent anyway using your sw. The last thing I want is for me to pay for a rather expensive license x3 so that I can be treated like a thief if I upgrade my hw to soon or needs to have it repared/replaced.

-Ivar

MasterLich likes this.
  9. rmattern

rmattern Member

Ad I will convert my clients too. Bye bye Parallels

10. CAFPeter

CAFPeter Bit poster

Hello,

I've same problem.

I have reach my activation limitation when i want to install on my new macbook pro. I've uninstalled it from old one.

Please tell me how to de-active license on old macbook? Thanks.

Peter

11. slingr

slingr Bit poster

(after 3 days and no response on another thread, re-posted here)
    I have a similar problem. Purchased Parallels 8 in November 2012, upgraded to Parallels 9 this past December (Order No. 100249588520). Last week I sold my old Mac Mini after wiping it, bought a new server model, and now when I'm trying to restore my Parallels Desktop I'm getting the "Your product activation key reached its activation limit and cannot be used to activate Parallels Desktop." Except, of course, that message is in error since I currently have Parallels activated on ZERO computers, 1 less than my license. Please advise on how to resolve. I have a similar problem. Purchased Parallels 8 in November 2012, upgraded to Parallels 9 this past December (Order No. 100249588520). Last week I sold my old Mac Mini after wiping it, bought a new server model, and now when I'm trying to restore my Parallels Desktop I'm getting the "Your product activation key reached its activation limit and cannot be used to activate Parallels Desktop." Except, of course, that message is in error since I currently have Parallels activated on ZERO computers, 1 less than my license. Please advise on how to resolve.

12. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi All,

Please submit your query as Support request , suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/6571
    So one of our representatives will help you with that!

13. salstrip

salstrip Bit poster

Hi,
    just got my computer fixed ,and my activation code says will not activate as " You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license."

14. juliaplow

juliaplow Hunter

Hello salstrip,

I see you already created a ticket with Parallels support team. You will be assisted shortly.

15. cwatson81

cwatson81 Bit poster

I'm in the same boat. I actually didn't reinstall anything... Upgraded to a new MacBook Pro and now I'm unable to load my VM's. It says activation limit exceeded. *sigh*

16. Séamus_Hoban

Séamus_Hoban Bit poster

I'd like to do a clean install of Yosemite, but I can't seem to deactivate my parallels 10 license - I get a 'Your type of license cannot be deactivated' error.
    I bought parallels as an upgrade from 9, which was itself an upgrade from 8.

What can I do to deactivate my license such that I can do the clean install of Yosemite and reinstall Parallels after?

Séamus

17. Abdul@Parallels

Hi Séamus
    Please uninstall Parallels Desktop application from your machine reinstall Mac OS X or migrating to another Mac and install it once reinstalled Mac OS X.
    So this might help you prevent reaching maximum number of activations.
    If you still have issues even after following the above steps, please submit your a Support request as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/6571
    So one of our representatives will help you with that!

18. Adam_Majerczyk

Adam_Majerczyk Bit poster

Same here.. After a fresh install i faced the same problem. No answer from support and no chance to activate the new installation... Didn't even received a test license..
    So pay money for a new license to be able to continue with my work? Sure! YES! Bought a license for vmware fusion, migrated VMs and wiped Parallels Desktop from the hdd. So the problem is kind of "solved" for me... Parallels should rethink they very problematic business conduct.

Cheers!
    Adam

Edit: Meanwhile Parallels reseted my key, so at least i'm able to use Parallels again.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  19. Miguel_Teixeira

Miguel_Teixeira Bit poster

HELP..... I have created a SUPPORT ticket to get my Parallels activation as I have changed laptops again & it says I have run out of licences. I have tried to de-activate but that does not work.

20. Abdul@Parallels

Hi Miguel,

Hope your issue was resolved as we have already addressed your Support Ticket.
    Feel free to get back to us anytime, we are happy to help you.