"Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gamesurgeon, May 14, 2014.

1. MichaelR11

MichaelR11 Bit poster

Paul, I have a similar problem--had a laptop fail, swapped the disc out into another machine and then back into the original machine a week later after it was fixed. I need to reset/disable all previous instances of my license so I can install it on my repaired machine.
    I would have just sent this to you in a private message, but I was unable to figure out how to send one.
    Thanks.

Mike

2. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hi Mike, please check your private message.

3. MagneF

MagneF Bit poster

Hi,

I've TWICE now answered the private messages with the information you ask, but you do not give a reply. This is such bad support.
    I use parallels for work, and now I've been without the possibility to use it for a week due to this ridiculous way of unlocking a licence bought and paid for.
    Is it possible to get some help soon?

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

We have reset the activation key and please check out the private messages.

5. iciconnect

iciconnect Member

I've used both VirtualBox and VMware. I preferred Parallels since the experience seems allot better and for their support when I need to reinstalling if I forgot my purchase key (thank God for Time Machine Backups). Logging into my Parallels' account to obtain my activation key is a blessing when I'm away from my external Time Machine drive. Last night was the first time I ran into a problems with Parallels activation. I purchased a Macbook Air for portability for my educational and travel needs. My previous Mac Pro died several months ago due to its logic board. So I finally bit the bullet and bought another Mac. So when I activated Parallels on the MacBook Air I ran it problems. Windows 10 would crash repeatedly while loading. To me, Parallels 11 seemed very unstable on the Macbook Air do to start up crashes, freezing while trying to log in and a failure to exit full screen mode. Each issue caused me to force restart my MacBook Air. I have only one Mac computer, each Mac I've had it was used for years and when it came time to trade up, the computer was wiped. But I've kept the Parallels backup on Time Machine. This is the first time I've installed on one Mac and had to reinstalled on different Mac in a week. I had no choice since I returned the MacBook Air to get this iMac, scraping the portability for affordability. After talking to an Apple Genius I didn't want to spend thousands for Macbook Pro so I got the iMac. When I tried activating my iMac I got this message: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license." I contacted the place I brought Parallels, Cleverbridge Customer Support since I didn't see any FREE option to get assistance from Parallels. Cleverbridge was so helpful, they told me I needed to contact Parallels. I'm so distrot right now, I plan to purchase VMware since they contacted me recently asking about my experiences with their software hoping I would upgrade. It's been years since I last used VMware. The last time I responded to VMware I told them I was using Parallels and was very happy with it. Since I will need to pay for help from a Parallels Rep and I may need to purchase the license once again. Jumping over to VMware maybe my best option for cost. To be honest complications like this my forced me to get a PC instead since I don't want to have this same problem with VMware as I had with Parallels.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  6. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hi Bruce, You are getting this error message because a copy of Parallels Desktop for Mac can activated on one Mac machine. Please check your private message and provide us your activation key so that we can help you in activating the product.

7. iciconnect

iciconnect Member

Thanks for responding. I understand that, however there isn't a way to deactivate. If so I didn't see an option. I was so upset with the performance I decided to go to the Genius Bar for help. What I was told was related to memory but not said directly. Creating a Boot-camp partition was suggested. I decided to scrap the portable idea all together and just get this iMac instead. Had not my Mac Pro died I would've been using it. From one device to another all with the same user backup from Time Machine.

8. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hi Bruce, we have responded to your private message.

9. TonyR3

TonyR3 Bit poster

I responded to your PM with the requested information Friday of last week.
    Thank you

--Tony

10. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Dear Tony, we have change some settings in the activation key, please check your private message and let us know how it works. Thanks!

11. AlanB4

AlanB4 Bit poster

Saw this thread and having same problem as everyone else - need to deactivate on one Mac and re-activate on another
    Can you let me know how

Thanks

Alan

12. BruceK1

BruceK1 Bit poster

I am also getting the message "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license." However, I have NOT switched computers--I am still using the same computer it has always been installed on (although I have had to do a clean install of my OS a couple of times because of hardware issues on my MacbookPro Retina). I am using Parallels 9 on OS X 10.10; I realize that the version of Parallels is no longer supported, but the linked EULA does not say anything about the license expiring. Please tell me how I can get this woking again.

Bruce

13. mamanr

mamanr Bit poster

I want to move my parallels desktop 10 to new Mac. I got this message. Please help:
    "Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."

14. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi, please provide us with your license keys in private messages.

15. PaulChristopher@Parallels

16. PaulChristopher@Parallels

17. TonyR3

TonyR3 Bit poster

Paul, just following up here. sent you a reply in PM a couple days back, but I have not received a reply from you or your team yet. The solution provided did not work and I had a question about the second part of your solution.
    How can we get this resolved today? You can see my account, you can see that I have a valid license for Parallels 9, 10, and 11 Pro...do you have the authority to cancel my Parallels Desktop 10 license and issue a new Parallels Desktop 10 license? Whatever you did to the license (reset?) did not work for me.

As I stated, this is now severely impacting me and I need your (or someone from Parallels support) assistance.

18. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi Tony, could you please private message us once again so that we can assist you.

19. I am having the same problem. Says I have reached the limited on the product activation key. Just had my computer replaced.

Thanks,
    Brian

20. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi Brian, please check your private message and respond.