product activation key reached its activation limit and cannot be used

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by HeatherG, Apr 11, 2017.

1. HeatherG

HeatherG Bit poster

I've just migrated from my old mac to a newer mac and parallels is not launching. Like others here, I'm receiving a message that "your product activation key reached its activation limit and cannot be used". I can't call support without paying for a support call so now have some software that simply cannot be used. Can someone help me resolve this problem please?

Thanks.

2. HeatherG

HeatherG Bit poster

Hi again, I need to use my Windows on my mac - can someone help and tell me how to de-activate Parallels on my old mac and re-activate it so that it'll work on the newer mac? I obviously won't be using Parallels on the old mac anymore but I would urgently like to be able to use it on the replacement computer.

3. Hi guys, you can use this KB article for the reactivation.

4. HeatherG

HeatherG Bit poster

Thanks Maria - but I'm using Parallels Desktop v 10, and there isn't a "Account & License" option under the Parallels Desktop menu.

Can I transfer it another way. I can't find any other KB articles for my version.

Thanks.

5. Hi, we reset your license key for you and now you can transfer it.
    Please check the issue.

6. HeatherG

HeatherG Bit poster

Still not allowing me to launch telling me (on newer mac) that "Unable to confirm the product license." and "
    You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license." My key starts with GKD02A and ends with 4723CC. I have several licence numbers associated with my name.
    Thanks Maria!

7. johnwiliam5946w

johnwiliam5946w Bit poster

On the off chance that you purchased a one-time buy of Office 2016 for Mac or got it through the Home Use Program, you're permitted just a single introduce of Office 2016 for Mac and you can't deactivate it similarly you may do an Office 365 permit. On the off chance that you have to switch your duplicate of Office 2016 for Mac to an alternate PC, you can do as such via telephone. Contact Microsoft bolster.

8. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hi, please follow the below troubleshooting steps and keep us posted:
    1. Open Terminal (Finder > Applications > Utilities > Terminal.app)
    2. Execute the command:

prlsrvctl activate-license-online

3. Now execute this command:

sudo rm -rf /Library/Preferences/Parallels/licenses.xml

4. Quit from Parallels Desktop.
    5. Reboot your Mac.
    6. Start Parallels Desktop and try to proceed with the activation once again.

johnwiliam5946w likes this.
  9. HeatherG

HeatherG Bit poster

Swati, following your advice above - it has now activated and it's working on the newer mac now.

Thanks very much.

10. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

You're most welcome. Please feel free to reach us anytime.

11. haydn

haydn Bit poster

Please help me I have also just migrated to a new Mac and need my paralelles to be re-activated

12. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @haydn, please provide the license key in the private message and we will help!

13. KitaeB

KitaeB Bit poster

Hi,

I ran into the same problem. Is there any way that I can get some help too?

14. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We can only find Parallels Desktop 5 and 6 under your account. Please reply to our private message with your activation key to check.

15. GrantS1

GrantS1 Bit poster

Please reset my Parallels 10 license. I am trying to activate PD10 on my MacBook Pro for a road trip. I may not have internet access at my destination. I have a multiple valid licenses. This is so annoying, frustrating and aggravating.

16. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello GrantS1. Please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (from the Finder menu, navigate to Go -> Utilities -> Terminal), execute the command --- prlsrvctl activate-license-online --- inside the Terminal window, wait till the operation completes, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.

17. JanH13

JanH13 Bit poster

Would you mind to reset my key as well? I have the same issue as mentioned above and tried all steps described except for the reset.

18. Hemnath@Parallels

Hi JanH13. Reset's done. Please check now.

19. JanH13

JanH13 Bit poster

Perfect. Thank you very much, works like a charm.

20. Hemnath@Parallels

Great! Please get back to us for any further queries.