how to deactivate my Parallel Desktop license key and transfer to my new Mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by FabCafeT, Jan 17, 2017.

1. MarkS23

MarkS23 Bit poster

I'm having the same issue. Trying the activate new install of Desktop v10 by using "use Registered Keys" and still getting the sorer that I've hit maximum activations. Can someone please reset?

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @MarkS23, we've made few changes in the key settings, please try activating the same product and if the issue persists, please open Terminal end execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online and let us know how it works. Thanks!

3. GS_

GS_ Bit poster

Hello -- I am having the same issue. While I have version 12 on my office Mac, I want to use my previous license for version 10 on a secondary Mac I keep at the woodshed, should be fine for running the simple PC app I need there. I don't see any way with Parallels to universal reset/disable the license from other Macs (I no longer have version 10 on any other computer). Thank you for resetting. Also, does my version 10 license allow me to install on one computer or can I have it on a second computer that I wouldn't be using at the same time? In other words, is it a one-user license, or one computer? Many thanks!

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @GS_ , the Parallels End User License Agreement states that you may use one copy of the Software activated by a license key on a single instance owned, leased, or otherwise controlled by you. Please click here to know more about Parallels End user Agreement.

5. GS_

GS_ Bit poster

Yes, thanks, but how do I reset my key now that I'm not using version 10 on another Mac, per my previous post? Thank you.

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We see that you have purchased Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac Upgrade and got a free Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac Upgrade then purchased a Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac Upgrade. That means you are upgrading the same license using upgrade keys. If you wish to use Parallels Desktop 10 on a different Mac then you need to buy Parallels Desktop 12 full license.

7. GS_

GS_ Bit poster

Oh, ok, I see: The upgrade license for Parallels 12 is not a separate license, it's the same one just a paid upgrade to the higher version. I'm not looking for a freebie, just figured that these were separate licenses that I was upgrading. I suppose I can just bring my laptop back and forth, just thought it might be handy to have even the older version on my shop Mac. Or I can purchase a second license. Thanks for clarifying.

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad to see that you understood how the upgrade license works. Feel free to reach us anytime for support.

9. s_1m

s_1m Bit poster

I want to deactivate my license on my old MAC and move the license on to the new MAC. But I am missing the sign-out option in Parallels 10. Could you please help?

10. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

11. BradB1

BradB1 Bit poster

Please let me know if I should start a new thread on this topic.
    I cannot activate my license on my new machine, receiving the error:
    "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license."
    I have selected the option to deactivate the license installed on my previous machine (which was destroyed and so I no longer have access to it), but that did not resolve the issue. I have also tried to run the Terminal command suggested above.

OSX: 10.12.5
    Parallels Desktop 11 (upgraded
    2017 MacBook Pro Touchbar

12. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made necessary changes, try to activate again.

13. MarkG8

MarkG8 Bit poster

Hi, I am having the same problem. I have "reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key." My last activation was on a computer that has been wiped out be a company I no longer work for. Can you adjust the settings in your system so that I can activate it on this computer? I have tried re-starting after installing Parallels 11, but that did not work. Thanks a lot.

14. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @MarkG8, we've made few changes in the key settings, please try activating the same product and keep us posted the results.

15. MartinK9

MartinK9 Bit poster

Hi!
    I just tried to transfer my License to a new computer. I've already signed out at the old computer but still get this message:
    Unable to confirm the product license.
    You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license.
    Thanks
    Martin

16. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @MartinK9. We've made a few changes in the license key settings. Please re-attempt the activation and keep us posted with the results.

17. MartinK9

MartinK9 Bit poster

It worked perfectly now, thanks a million!

18. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

You're welcome! Happy to assist. Please get back to us for any further queries.

19. MarkG8

MarkG8 Bit poster

Thank you; that seems to have worked. I appreciate your assistance.

20. PaulChristopher@Parallels

That's great! Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help!