How can I deactivate my Parallels Desktop 10 license

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AleksandrV, Apr 29, 2017.

1. ChengChungC

ChengChungC Bit poster

I am trying to move my Parallels Desktop 10 to a new Mac, both methods described in this forum did not work:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online
    Could someone in Parallels help me resolve this? Thanks

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @ChengChungC , we have made necessary changes from our end, please try to perform the above steps and let us know if that works.

3. ChengChungC

ChengChungC Bit poster

Wow!! I did not expect Parallels has engineers working over the weekend, this is Saturday afternoon. Thank you very much Arun and Parallels.

My virtual machine works on my new Mac now!!

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

We are glad that your issue is resolved. Please reach us again for further assistance.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2017
  5. Tzu-YiL

Tzu-YiL Bit poster

I have the same problem when I tried to activate parallels on my new MacBook Pro.
    `You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key`

I also tried to deactivate the license from my old Mac. But it shows error like `unable to deactivate the product. Your type of license cannot be deactivated.`

any help??

6. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello @Tzu-YiL. Please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (Finder > Go > Utilities > Terminal.app). Inside the Terminal window, enter the command 'prlsrvctl activate-license-online' (without the quotes) and hit 'Return'. Wait till the operation completes. Then, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.

7. Karl-HeinzW1

Karl-HeinzW1 Bit poster

Hi there. I had to change the mainboard of my mac and now i can't work with my parallels 10 anymore. Deactivating the licenze didn't work. Please help

8. Hemnath@Parallels

Hi @Karl-HeinzW1, please follow the instructions quoted below:

9. Karl-HeinzW1

Karl-HeinzW1 Bit poster

perfect

10. Hemnath@Parallels

Glad to assist. Please get back to us for any queries.

11. HarryS6

HarryS6 Bit poster

Hello, I have the same issue. I'm not sure if this is the right place to request this. This is my first mac in a few years. My old one died a while back, and I've since been using my work laptop. I get the same error message saying I can't activate because I didn't deactivate my last instance properly.

Edit:
    Kindly disregard, I didn't realize that the command given above works for my situation. Thank you!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  12. Hemnath@Parallels

Hello @HarryS6. Please follow the instructions quoted below:

13. DarianW

DarianW Bit poster

Hello,

I had to update my machine due to a hardware failure. I get an error trying to active my last the license associated with my account because it is activated on a non-functional machine. I am unable to deactivate it from the new machine.

Is there a way to reset this my so that I can use it with my new machine?

Thanks!

14. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @DarianW Please DM us your License key to help you further. Thanks, Shathish

15. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Try activating it again and check.

16. ChrisC14

ChrisC14 Bit poster

Hi. I'm also having the same issue. Got a new computer and trying to move Parallels.

17. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are unable to find any license key registered under this email address. Please reply to the private message with your activation key.

18. TaehoJ

TaehoJ Bit poster

I have the same problem and the command line method doesn't work!
    I need to solve this problem as soon as possible.

19. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command:
    prlsrvctl activate-license-online

20. TaehoJ

TaehoJ Bit poster

Nope! Still doesn't work!!!