Parallels desktop 10: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by George Fidias, Dec 28, 2014.

1. KevinA3

KevinA3 Bit poster

Fastest response ever. Problem solved. Thanks!

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

You're welcome! Please post again for any further queries.

3. Frank.Fu

Frank.Fu Bit poster

Hi,

I'm also receiving the same message. Please help.

4. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Frank.Fu. Please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (from the Finder menu, navigate to Go -> Utilities -> Terminal), execute the command --- prlsrvctl activate-license-online --- inside the Terminal window, wait till the operation completes, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.

Frank.Fu likes this.
  5. Frank.Fu

Frank.Fu Bit poster

Brilliant. Thanks for the prompt response! Two questions

1. Was any manual steps required by the Parallels team for this to magic to happen?
    2. Does this mean that each time I re-install OSX, i will need to go through the same steps (1. make a request on this thread, 2. Close Parallels, 3. "prlsrvctl activate-license-online", 4. re-open Parallels) ?

6. ManojP3

ManojP3 Bit poster

Hi, I'm having issues trying to activate Parallels Desktop 10 on my fathers Mac. Apple replaced the Logic Board, even though he restored a Time Machine backup the software still asked for registration.
    I've tried to use the terminal command but this just gives me the same message about not being able to activate.
    Can someone please help me on this??

I have two licence keys, one is for my MacBook and the other is for my fathers the only problem is I don't know which i used for which computer but can provide both so you can check

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  7. ManojP3

ManojP3 Bit poster

Can sometime get back to me

8. TomasJ4

TomasJ4 Bit poster

Hello, same problem here. I try terminal command, but unsuccessful.

9. A.D.R

A.D.R Bit poster

I am having the same problem. I just replaced an older iMac with a newer refurb, and restored files from Time Machine. I tried to remove Parallels from my old machine, but still cannot activate on my new one. Terminal command did not work for me; it resulted in the same message: "Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license."

I submitted a support request and received a ticket number.

10. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We can only find that information for Parallels Desktop 12 or above. We can only find Parallels Desktop 8 under your account for which we cannot find that information.

11. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

12. A.D.R

A.D.R Bit poster

This solved my problem. Thank you for your help.

13. MichaelS53

MichaelS53 Bit poster

I am having the same problem. Parallels 10. Got a new Mac at work and need to activate parallels on the new mac and deactivate it on the old mac. Can someone help?

14. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @A.D.R , please reach us anytime for further assistance.

15. Arun@Parallels

Hi @MichaelS53 ,
    We have reset the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

16. MichaelS53

MichaelS53 Bit poster

Very nice! Super fast support. Much appreciated. I wont be downloading VMWare like the others ;)

17. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Feel free to reach out.

18. AlexandreV1

AlexandreV1 Bit poster

I have the same problem. I've got two licenses but I'm trying to use them in my new Macbook. Parallels 11 and same message "you have reached the maximun number of activations. I made a factory recovery and sold my old macbook, so I don't use any of my two activation keys anymore.
    Please help me, I am using a trial version that expires in 4 days.

19. Arun@Parallels

Hello @AlexandreV1 , we have reset the key please try to activate now.

20. colinm6

colinm6 Bit poster

same as above reached maximum number

broke my last MacBook back in July 2017 now have a new Mac and wish to install my parallels desktop using original key
    can you reset pls
    Thanks