how to deactivate my Parallel Desktop license key and transfer to my new Mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by FabCafeT, Jan 17, 2017.

1. joe13

joe13 Bit poster

Hello, I can not activate my Parallels 10 license on my new mac. What should I do?
    I have already tried using the terminal command and restarting parallels desktop

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @joe13 , we have made the changes. Please follow the instructions once again.

3. JohnL22

JohnL22 Bit poster

I'm having a similar problem. I have a different Mac that I want to move Parallels over to. I'm on version 13 and have an active subscription. When I activate the new installation with the serial number on my account, it says it's an upgrade and I need the the original. when I did into my history on my acocunt, I see the same serial number going back to 2015, and nothing before that. I don't have my original SN anymore. Can you help me out?

4. IngarM

IngarM Bit poster

Hello.
    i am using parallels 11 and turned into the same problem, during mac change. I can not activate my license on new computer. Hope you can help with this, please?
    I have already tried using the terminal command and restarting parallels desktop

5. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @JohnL22 , please check your private message.
    Thanks

6. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @IngarM , we have made necessary changes to the activation key, please reattempt activation and chek if it works.
    Thanks

7. IngarM

IngarM Bit poster

Thanks. Works like a charm

8. JordanL2

JordanL2 Bit poster

Hi all, I was having an issue with Parallels so I uninstalled from my Mac. Upon reinstallation of Parallels on the same machine, my existing product key is not accepted. This product key is valid as it was purchased in Nov. 2017. When copying my product key, the error " An invalid argument was passed" is returned. I have both an active Parallels and Windows key. Please advise.

9. adamm7

adamm7 Bit poster

Hello.
    i am using parallels 11 and turned into the same problem, during mac change. I can not activate my license on new computer. Hope you can help with this, please?
    I have already tried using the terminal command and restarting parallels desktop.
    Moving from Macbook Pro 13" Touchbar to 13" AIR field laptop.
    Best regards
    Adam

10. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the key. Try activating again and share us the results.

11. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the key. Try activating again and share us the results.

12. RobertD17

RobertD17 Bit poster

@PaulChris - I am having the same issue as these users. I used to have Parallels 10 on a machine that was destroyed (liquid damage to motherboard). I have installed Parallels 10 on my new computer, and it is giving me the error that I have used my maximum activations, but is not giving me the option to activate anyways. I tried using the Terminal command you suggested, and I am still being told I have reached my maximum activations.

How can I have my old licenses deactivated on a destroyed machine so I can install Parallels 10 on my new machine?

Thank you!
    Rob

13. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

14. MartinD13

MartinD13 Bit poster

Good day!
    Recently the motherboard if my iMac 5K 2017 was replaced twice. It is impossible to transfer the Parallels 11 licence to the latest motherboard. Error message:
    "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license."
    Could my activation key also be reset?
    Last 3 characters of key are AVP.

Cheers,
    Martin

15. Hi MartinD13. We have reset the Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac license key. Please try to activate now and it should work.

16. MartinD13

MartinD13 Bit poster

Hi Sathiya,

This works like a charm!
    Thanks and have a good day,

Martin

17. You are welcome. Nice to know that it works now. Please get back to us for any further queries.

18. SteveW10

SteveW10 Bit poster

Hello!
    I am also having this problem with Parallels Desktop 11 when moving it to a replacement machine. Can someone kindly please reset my activation count?

Thanks!

19. Hello SteveW10. We have reset your Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac license key. Please try to reactivate now and it should work.

20. SteveW10

SteveW10 Bit poster

It does indeed work now! Thank you so much!