how to deactivate my Parallel Desktop license key and transfer to my new Mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by FabCafeT, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Sathiya@Parallels

Sathiya@Parallels Staff Member

You're welcome. Please post again for any additional queries.

2. KarthikeyanS

KarthikeyanS Bit Poster

I'm trying to move my Parallels Desktop 10 license to a new Mac, please help deactivating it. I've already uninstalled and wiped the old Mac. Appreciate the help.

3. Sathiya@Parallels

Hi KarthikeyanS. We have reset the Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac license key. Please follow the below steps to activate on the new Mac.

1) Open Terminal (Finder --> Applications --> Utilities --> Terminal.app)

2) Execute the command:

prlsrvctl activate-license-online

3) Start Parallels Desktop and try to proceed with the activation once again.

4. KarthikeyanS

KarthikeyanS Bit Poster

Activation is unsuccessful. "Unable to confirm product license. You have reached maximum number of activations".

Attached Files:

5. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels Staff Member

please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

6. KarthikeyanS

KarthikeyanS Bit Poster

Restoring data from Time Machine rendered the installation of brew and python packages completely useless and I may have to do a fresh install of OS X on my new MBP. Do I have to do anything to maintain the parallels desktop 10 license before I erase the hard disk and perform a fresh install, or do I have to request another deactivation and re-activate after OS re-install?

7. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @KarthikeyanS , we have reset the license key. If you have any issues with activation, please

2) Execute the command:

8. LauraR5

LauraR5 Bit Poster

Hello -

I just transferred my user data to a new Mac via TimeMachine restore. I have deleted Parallels application from my old computer. I have run the terminal command. I am still receiving the account error "Unable to confirm product license. You have reached maximum number of activations".

Would it be possible to have my license key reset?

9. Sathiya@Parallels

Hi LauraR5. We have reset the Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac license key.

2) Execute the command:

10. busker

busker Bit Poster

Hi The Mac with Parallels is dead (ilke blood on the floor dead) please reset the Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac license key on my account so that I can reactivate Parallels on my new mac.

11. Ajith@Parallels

Ajith@Parallels Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online