"Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gamesurgeon, May 14, 2014.

1. SheilaM1

SheilaM1 Bit poster

Thanks worked fine now.

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Good to know. Please reach out again for any further queries.

3. JordanM5

JordanM5 Bit poster

Hello, I'm having a similar issue. My Mac laptop died, I received a new mac, and restored a Time Machine backup from my old laptop to new. Now when I enter my parallels license key, I'm told that my product license has reached the max activation limit. Please help!

4. Hemnath@Parallels

Hi JordanM5. Please check our private message.

5. LawrenceS2

LawrenceS2 Bit poster

On my MacBook, I upgraded to Sierra from 10.6.8 and tried to see if Parallels 8 would work there; it would not open, then I returned to my cloned desktop 10.6.8 computer, so I could work and got the error "Your product activation key reached its activation limit ..." Can you please help me resolve this? With Thanks -Lawrence Strauss

6. Hemnath@Parallels

Hi LawrenceS2. Please quit Parallels Desktop now, launch it again and re-attempt the activation.

7. LawrenceS2

LawrenceS2 Bit poster

Thanks, Hemnath - all set

8. Hemnath@Parallels

Nice to know that. Please reach out again for any additional queries.

9. ClaudioM4

ClaudioM4 Bit poster

Hi, I've same problem, macmini died, replace hd to other macmini and reached max activation on PD8... Is it possible to reset all activations?
    Thanks, regards!!!

10. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

11. ClaudioM4

ClaudioM4 Bit poster

Thanks, now work properly

12. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

You are welcome, Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.

13. chen11

chen11 Guest

why you put activation limit on your licenses??

14. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

The Parallels End User License Agreement states that you may use one copy of the Software activated by a license key on a single instance owned, leased, or otherwise controlled by you. To ensure this policy activation limit is there. Let us know if you have any other questions.

15. chen11

chen11 Guest

so everytime the limit is done, i must contact u?? doesnt make sense

16. Hemnath@Parallels

Yes, please contact us whenever the limit is reached - and you will need to do so only as rarely as your Parallels Desktop license is switched to another Mac multiple times.

17. chen11

chen11 Guest

when i should mov my license to other Mac??

18. Hemnath@Parallels

Only when you need to. It is not "mandatory" to switch your license to another machine once in a while. You can very well use your license on the same Mac indefinitely.

19. AhmedS3

AhmedS3 Bit poster

hi can you please reset my license for parallels 11 so i can reinstall it on my new computer. It states that i have used my license too many times.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  20. Theatric

Theatric Bit poster

I've moved the Parallels Lic from one iMac to another when upgrading the HW without issue in the past, but cannot activate the license for P11 on the new iMac. I did follow the support instructions and logged out of the old iMac account first. But still it will not activate on the new one.

Please help. David.