How can I deactivate my Parallels Desktop 10 license

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AleksandrV, Apr 29, 2017.

1. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Please check our private conversation.

2. NancyB1

NancyB1 Bit poster

?????

3. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Kindly restart the Mac computer and try to activate it now, If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

4. NancyB1

NancyB1 Bit poster

What worked was rebooting and then running the command line command before launch the app. Thanx.

5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad to hear that the issue is resolved. Feel free to reach out to us anytime for support.

6. OscarR5

OscarR5 Bit poster

Looks like I'm having the same issue moving a Parallels 10 license to a new Mac. The support information pointed to these forums and a quick search revealed this thread, can someone help deactivating my old license? Thanks.

7. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi OscarR5. Please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (from the Finder menu, navigate to Go -> Utilities -> Terminal), execute the command <><> prlsrvctl activate-license-online <><> inside the Terminal window, wait till the operation completes, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.

8. OscarR5

OscarR5 Bit poster

Thanks, that worked.

9. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Very well. Please reach out again for any additional queries.

10. ScreeningR

ScreeningR Bit poster

Hi, I'm facing the same issues with deactivating the license key when changing to a new mac.
    It's a seperate account from this & we're using the business edition i believe, so the email account that was registered for the account no longer exist as the personnel has left the company.
    When we tried activating the parallel desktop using the license key it shows "max activations" and we don't have an option to deactivate those parallels on those old Macs.
    Kindly private message me so that i could provide the email account or license key for resetting process.
    Thanks in advance.

11. AnasM

AnasM Bit poster

Dear, I have the same problem with my parallels 10, I changed my MBP recently but could not activate it. could you please help !

12. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

Note: If you have latest macOS X, we suggest you to buy Parallels Desktop 14.

13. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We see that you have two Business subscriptions. You can login Parallels Account portal and deactivate unwanted activation.

AnasM likes this.
  14. Artem3

Artem3 Bit poster

Hi! I am trying to install Parallels Desktop 10 to a new mac after I have not used Parallels for a while. I am getting the following message:

You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license.

The old Mac is no more so there is no way I can sign out there.
    Please advise.

15. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello Artem3, We have reset the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

16. ScreeningR

ScreeningR Bit poster

Hi Ajith, this current user is registered with the 2 new subscriptions, we also have another account with 8-9 subscriptions under Jarenlee, due to the personnel's resignation and the corporate email being deactivated, we are not able to login to the parallels account portal of that said ID.
    Kindly assist to look into this and advise if you can assist us with the deactivation. Thanks

17. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We request you reply to our private message with the email address with which those business subscriptions are registered to check and assist you further.

18. ChristianC5

ChristianC5 Bit poster

Dear Parallels Team,
    Same Problem here - Motherboard crashed and tried to use my old hard drive.
    We have reset the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >. didnt work for me
    have a 9 license and an upgrade key as well.

need help as i have to fix some issue for my client on windows.

Regards,

Christian

19. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

20. ChristianC5

ChristianC5 Bit poster

the terminal did it - thanks for your quick support :)