product activation key reached its activation limit and cannot be used

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by HeatherG, Apr 11, 2017.

1. MikeA8

MikeA8 Bit poster

Thread back from the dead, but I'm having the same issue. Using old tech (Desktop v10) and got a newer MacBook Pro... and getting the same error after migrating. Tried the terminal commands with no luck. Any reset help available? :)

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello MikeA8, We have reset the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

3. MikeA8

MikeA8 Bit poster

Thanks, this worked perfectly!

4. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

You are welcome, Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.

MikeA8 likes this.
  5. DaryleM

DaryleM Bit poster

I'm trying to activate my Parallels 10 license but I'm receiving the activation limit notification. I had previously installed it on a Mac that died and therefore I couldn't deactivate that installation. Can my license please be reset?

6. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello DaryleM, We have reset the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

7. BillF5

BillF5 Bit poster

Installing Parallels for Mac 9 (upgrade license). When entering my v9 license key followed by my v7 license key I get the following msg:
    Your product activation key reached its activation limit and cannot be used to activate parallels desktop.
    When I run:
    prlsrvctl activate-license-online
    it reports:
    Failed to activate the license. Unable to confirm the product license.
    Does my account need to be reset?

8. Hi, we've reset your key, please check the issue.

9. BillF5

BillF5 Bit poster

Thanks Maria, that resolved the issue. Happily using Parallels again!

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  10. Glad to know, Bill!
    If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to let us know.

11. ErichP1

ErichP1 Bit poster

Hi,

could anyone reset my key as well? Thanks in advance!

12. RadekC

RadekC Bit poster

Hi, Parallels Team,
    same problem. After migrating PD 13 with Win10 to new Mac mini from old Mac mini, the license couldn't be activated. Please, could anyone reset my key at PD13?
    Thanks!

13. SaravananR@Parallels

SaravananR@Parallels Member

Hi ErichP1, thank you for reaching out! We have sent you a personal message, please reply back to the same to check and help you better. Thanks, Saravanan.

14. SaravananR@Parallels

Hi RadekC, thank you for reaching out! We have sent you a personal message, please reply back to the same to check and help you better. Thanks, Saravanan.

15. SaravananR@Parallels

We have made the necessary changes. Please try activating it now that will resolve it.

16. SaravananR@Parallels

We have made the necessary changes. Please try activating it that will resolve it.

ErichP1 likes this.
  17. SaravananR@Parallels

You are welcome. Please reach us back anytime if you want any help in the future.

18. ErichP1

ErichP1 Bit poster

Thank you very much, happily using parallels again!

19. SaravananR@Parallels

You are welcome.

20. Simmonds

Simmonds Bit poster

Hello. I just got the a new 16" MacBook Pro, after installing Parallels, it says I've reached the activation limit. I'm signed out out on my old device. Can you help?