How can I deactivate my Parallels Desktop 10 license

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AleksandrV, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Hi OliverZ2. We have reset the Parallels Desktop 10 license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

2. clemense

clemense Bit poster

Cannot deactivate my Parallels 10 for Mac license to move to another Mac. Please help.

3. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello clemense. Please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (from the Finder menu, navigate to Go -> Utilities -> Terminal), execute the command <><> prlsrvctl activate-license-online <><> inside the Terminal window, wait till the operation completes, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.

4. clemense

clemense Bit poster

thanks so much

5. JuliaH1

JuliaH1 Bit poster

I would like to move my Parallels 10 license to a new Mac. I still have access to the Parallels installation on my old Mac. However, the terminal command did not work on my new Mac and then I foolishly thought I needed to execute the command on my *old* Mac, which worked so now I am stuck. I also was not able to register my license on this forum as it told me the license key was registered already. I need to get started on my project so I would really appreciate any help.

6. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

You are welcome, Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.

7. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello JuliaH1, Please check our private conversation.

8. mishar

mishar Bit poster

To delete your account with Parallels, open the Personal Profile page of your account and click on Delete Account.
    Type your account password to start the procedure, and then follow the instructions sent to your account email to complete it.

Note:
    A deleted account cannot be reactivated, and the email address cannot be reused for at least 60 days while we're making sure that all data is completely removed from all Parallels services.

9. GeorgeR1

GeorgeR1 Bit poster

I need to move my Desktop v. 10 to another iMac. How do I deactivate it on this computer before deleting it?
    I won't be reinstalling it on the other computer right away so want the activation to be available when I do get around to it.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  10. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello GeorgeR1. Once you are set to use your v.10 license on the new Mac, please perform the steps below (on the new Mac) before launching the Parallels application:
    1.) Open Terminal (from the Finder menu, navigate to Go -> Utilities -> Terminal).
    2.) Execute the command <><> prlsrvctl activate-license-online <><> inside the Terminal window, wait till the operation completes and close Terminal.
    3.) Activate the license now.

11. JessP1

JessP1 Bit poster

I also need to deactivate my old Parallels 10 installation for installation to a new computer.

Thanks

12. Hi, we've reset your key. Please try to activate it again and let us know how it works.

13. JessP1

JessP1 Bit poster

It worked, thank you!

14. TimothyL4

TimothyL4 Bit poster

I just helped my colleague move from an old Macbook Air to a new Macbook Pro, and her Parallels 10 on the new Macbook Pro is saying that we've hit the maximum number of activations. Is someone from Parallels able to assist? I don't know which account the license is registered under as there have been some change in staffing, but I have the physical retail box and the booklet with the activation key sticker inside. Thanks!

15. Hi, and are you able to provide us with the license key? If yes, please reply me back via the private message.
    (I'll send you a message, please just reply on it)

16. SFC

SFC Bit poster

Hi there, I have the same issue:
    I migrated to a new macbook pro, and my Parallels Desktop 10 complains that "I have reached the maximum number of activations available".
    I tried to activate the product in the terminal, the same error occurs. Please help me reset the license. Thanks.

17. Hi, we've reset it for you, please check the activation issue and let us know the results.

18. SFC

SFC Bit poster

It worked now, thank you!

19. changyongy

changyongy Bit poster

Hi~ Team.
    My Mac terminal error message "
    Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key ...."
    Please reset license.. Thanks.

20. Done, plz check.