Windows cannot access \\Mac\home\desktop

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by BillH3, Mar 17, 2016.

1. BertK

BertK Bit poster

@ParallelsU295 thanks for the post ... a very useful workaround until such time that Parallels is able to work with iCloud!

2. Hi ParallelsU295. Nice to know that you were able to sort out the issue and thanks for sharing the steps. You can also refer this article for the known issues with macOS 10.15 Catalina and Parallels Desktop for Mac.

3. Thibault1

Thibault1 Bit poster

Hello Parallels support. It will soon be a year since i installed parallels to have windows 10 on mac and all was running perfectly. However I recently install the new update (in February) then nothing worked normally and I had the "\\Mac\home\desktop" error. I tried to fix it while following the instructions found here "https://my.parallels.com/support/pdfm/technical" to change the desktop path to the default but it didn't work because I didn't understand how to do this.

I was also able to work an design software before the update but now it is impossible because the software runs really slowly.

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We suggest you reinstall Parallels Tools and resolve the issue.

Thibault1 likes this.
  5. Thibault1

Thibault1 Bit poster

I followed the instructions and it works, thanks a lot.

6. You are welcome. Nice to know that it works now. Please get back to us for any further queries.

7. Andy34

Andy34 Bit poster

"\\Mac\home\desktop" error
    I am having the same "\\Mac\home\desktop" error as a lot of people, using Catalina 10.15.4 with the latest Parallels on a window7 Pro operating system. I've tried to reinstall Parallels Tool from actions as suggested many times in this thread but it will not install, it trips up and says "an error occurred". I have also tried a clean boot. I have also followed https://kb.parallels.com/124705 but still no resolution.
    Any other suggestion.
    Thanks Andy

8. Hello, could you please collect the tech report right after the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here.

9. Andy34

Andy34 Bit poster

Technical Report 340412359.
    Thanks
    Andy

10. Andy34

Andy34 Bit poster

Hi Maria
    Any update to this issue?
    Thanks
    Andy

11. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We suggest you reinstall Parallels Tools to resolve the issue.

12. Andy34

Andy34 Bit poster

Did you read the original post. I have tried that 20+ times but it won't install. It keeps crashing out around 60-70% of the download.
    Thats why I sent a tech report.

13. Hello, did you try these instructions?

14. Andy34

Andy34 Bit poster

Hi Maria
    I just tried the instructions in the link and it had no effect. The Parallels Toolbox still crashes out at 64% and cannot see the mac folder that it should link too.
    I am very disappointed this is taking so long to rectify.
    I have done another tech report with the registry fix installed and trying to reinstall Parallels Toolbox.
    The report number is 341773874
    Andy

15. Please try the "Advanced Troubleshooting" from this article and check if it works.

16. Andy34

Andy34 Bit poster

Tried all the Advanced Trouble Shooting guides as suggested and even in the advanced troubleshooting in safe mode the Parallels Tools will not install.
    Any other suggestions!
    Andy

17. Hello, did you start the sfc/ scannow at Windows CMD?