When a VM starts, Earpods stops functioning

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DenizC1, Dec 22, 2019.

1. MichaelR50

MichaelR50 Bit poster

Thanks Patrick - this worked for me as well. It's a really frustrating bug.

2. PatrickM3

PatrickM3 Junior Member

glad to hear it Michael.

3. FranciscoP2

FranciscoP2 Bit poster

Thanks Patrick , it was three long months dealing with this annoying bug. you Save my Work!!! . :)

4. JonathanV2

JonathanV2 Bit poster

This worked for me too. Thanks, Patrick!
    Parallels, you could do better here. Still no word from you on when this nagging bug will be fixed?

5. Guys, if you decide to investigate this issue, please collect the tech report right after the issue reproduced and post report's ID here.
    We will check provided tech data for the further issue investigation.

6. Dariusz_Rybak

Dariusz_Rybak Bit poster

7. StefanB7

StefanB7 Bit poster

Hi

Just wanted to say I have the exact same issue: whenever a Parallels Windows 10 VM is running I cannot use my bluetooth headphones anymore after whatever's been playing was paused.
    MS Teams no longer sees the my headphones as a device and for some reason the macOS sound preference pane acts really sluggish when I try to switch input/output.
    Switching to Apple's hypervisor indeed helps.
    I hope Parallels can fix this soon because Apple's hypervisor doesn't support nested virtualisation

8. Could you please reproduce the issue and collect the tech report right after that and post the report's ID here.

9. StefanB7

StefanB7 Bit poster

I switched back to the Parallels hypervisor just now, but I can't reproduce the issue anymore as of yet. I'll keep an eye out and send the tech report if it happens again.

10. StefanB7

StefanB7 Bit poster

What did happen just now was that someone was calling me on MS Teams while I was playing music over my bluetooth headphones. I paused my music, finished the call, resumed music playing only to hear the balance of the audio channels was suddenly shifted almost completely to the left.
    I haven't had the issue anymore where the music straight up won't play anymore through my bluetooth headphones, but this seemed odly related somehow.
    I had just started using the Parallels hypervisor again.
    Report id: 335505721

11. StefanB7

StefanB7 Bit poster

It just happened, audio completely gone using the Parallels hypervisor. Report id 335514396

12. Roshani

Roshani Bit poster

Hi guys i after updating my mac ,my parallel window doesnt opens any more ,it keeps on saying restart the computer which i did but it doesnt works, before this problem i lost sound on parallel window as well ? help needed

13. poksh

poksh Bit poster

What is ETA for this issue fix?

14. RonakP

RonakP Bit poster

15. poksh

poksh Bit poster

report's id 342653174

16. poksh

poksh Bit poster

Disabling Parallels Audio Controller in Device Manager didn't solve the issue, only Apple hypervisor helps

17. poksh

poksh Bit poster

Do you need any additional info for investigation?

18. poksh

poksh Bit poster

Is anybody here?

19. KorkyPlunger

KorkyPlunger Hunter

I am experiencing this issue now in PD16. I had been exclusively using the Apple Hypervisor under PD15, and decided to try the Parallels hypervisor in PD16. The VMs run fine, but now I'm noticing that, after a while, my Bose bluetooth headphones stop working until I quit Parallels.

20. Hey, did you check the same issue with Parallels Desktop 16?
    If not please check it during the trial period and let us know if the issue reoccurs.